We finally got an answer from Germany.......we're going!! They called last night and Sam spent about an hour on the phone with them. He was prepared and had a list of questions to ask. I was glad he had that list because we've never moved overseas and there's a lot we don't know yet. Everything sounds really good. You usually don't know if the decisions you make are good until years down the road, but I think this is a good move for us. Every decision we make takes us in a different direction and creates a new future. We've left this decision to God and trust that He'll continue to lead us in the right direction.
Change is very hard for me, so of course I immediately started thinking about what I'm going to miss here. I've always said there will be things that I'll miss about Hawaii. I'll miss the people I work with. I really enjoy where I work. I'll miss our home. It's been our first home together and we've spent so much time and energy working on it. I'll miss Hawaii. There's no other place like this. I love our trips to the beach or outer island. We still don't know for sure when we'll be leaving. Probably sometime in March. I'm hoping Mom and Dad get to visit us before we leave, but it's kind of short notice, so I'm not sure if they'll make it.
A couple of weekends ago, Sam, his Mom and I hiked up to Makapu'u lighthouse. I'm a little late, but here are a couple of pictures.
Change is very hard for me, so of course I immediately started thinking about what I'm going to miss here. I've always said there will be things that I'll miss about Hawaii. I'll miss the people I work with. I really enjoy where I work. I'll miss our home. It's been our first home together and we've spent so much time and energy working on it. I'll miss Hawaii. There's no other place like this. I love our trips to the beach or outer island. We still don't know for sure when we'll be leaving. Probably sometime in March. I'm hoping Mom and Dad get to visit us before we leave, but it's kind of short notice, so I'm not sure if they'll make it.
A couple of weekends ago, Sam, his Mom and I hiked up to Makapu'u lighthouse. I'm a little late, but here are a couple of pictures.
Mom Thompson, Sam and Misty on the Makapu'u trail
Misty with Manana "Rabbit" Island in the background
Sam and his Mom



No comments:
Post a Comment