Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pro Bowl 2007

We went to Pro Bowl yesterday. Probably our last for some time since we'll be in Germany for the next 3-5 years at least. Up until we got married I'd never been that interested in football. I'm still not that interested in it, but I make an effort since Sam likes it so much. If we stayed in Hawaii I'm not sure if I'd continue to go to the Pro Bowl every year. It's not really my thing, but it ended up being a pretty nice day. Sam and I picked up his parents and Aunt Linda from Ko'Olina at 7:30. We met everyone else in the group at Halawa park at 8:30. The Aloha Stadium gates opened at 8:30, so at that time we caravaned into the parking lot. The idea was to get us all in two rows, so we could set up the tents and tailgate between the vehicles. Gus Harper, who was Sam's firt boss here in Hawaii, sets the whole thing up every year. The food gets catered in and we ate around 10:00 then headed in to the game which started at 1:00. The game lasted until 5:00. After that, back in the parking lot the food was heated up again and everyone had something else to eat. I think it was around 6:30 that we finally got out of there

Sam and I

Sam and Aunt Linda

Eating at Pro Bowl

Jasmine Trias sang"The National Anthem" and did an awesome job. An American flag was formed around where she was standing so it looked like she was standing in the middle of it.

Aunt Linda, Mom & Dad Thompson

No comments: