
The Pro Bowl alone would have made for a full weekend, but we were at it again on Sunday. A lady I used to work with, Jeannie Freeman, has invited us on numerous occasions to go for a ride on this out of commission dinner cruise boat. Her husband is a captain and takes the boat out every so often for maintenance. I thought Sam's parents and Linda would enjoy it, so we planned to head down to Waikiki at 11:30 for that.
First thing in the morning though, Sam headed down to our storage unit to bring a load back. We have very little storage space in our house, so quite awhile ago we got this storage space to keep Christmas decorations, books, winter clothes, etc. We have until the end of the month to get everything out, but he doesn't want to put it off. In the meantime I made pepperoni rolls and rice crispy treats for the boat ride.
Mom and Dad Thompson and Aunt Linda came to our house and from here we drove downtown together. The boat wasn't suppose to leave until 1:00, but we were there at 12:30. I guess normally just a couple of people show up for the ride, but yesterday there were about 45 that came on board. Up on the top deck we set up some folding chairs in the shade. It was an old somewhat delapidated boat, so we had to sign saying that we were releasing the crew of any responsibility of it sinking or anything else that could go wrong.
Yesterday was such a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky and with the breeze blowing it didn't seem hot at all. We saw whales breaching and dolphins playing in the water. They were a little distance away, but it was still a lot of fun to watch. We just went up around Diamond Head (behind us in the picture above) and back. Altogether, the ride was just about two hours. After having such a nice ride, I was wondering why I hadn't taken Jeannie up on the offer before. I doubt they'll go back out again before we leave.
Today's update on Germany - we have appointments with two real estate agents tomorrow. They're meeting us at the house at 3:00 and 5:00. I need to do something with the boxes Sam brought in yesterday to get them out of our living space by tomorrow. I called and tried to get an appointment for Gabby today. Our regular vet does not have bi-lingual health certificates, so I called Hickam's vet clinic. They can issue the certificate, but prior to that Gabby has to have several shots. We're on a deadline because the shots have to be within the last year, but more than 30 days. The only appointment I can get at this point is exactly 30 days from the 26th of March, when we think we'll fly out. They are working with me though to see if I can get her in earlier. She has to get a rabies, feline distemper and feline leukemia. Poor baby has sure had her share of shots in her short life. I think I'll get some pills to relax her for the trip. I hope it't not too long for her.
I'm busy making cookies for a bake sale at work on Wednesday. This morning I told Steve, my boss, that I need the first week in March off because Mom's visiting. Poor guy...he just looked at me and said "What am I suppose to say? Does it even matter what I say?". He's really been a good boss to me. I'll miss working at Tripler.
Well, I should get busy since my evening is getting away from me. Sam will be home in an hour and I still have a lot I want to get done. Here are a few more pictures from yesterday -
Sam on the Kulamanu
Aunt Linda talking to one of the kids
Mom and Dad Thompson
Misty, Sam, Aunt Linda, Mom and Dad Thompson

No comments:
Post a Comment