It's been strange knowing that we're going to Germany. Realizing that in three months we'll no longer be living in Hawaii is hard to adjust to. On the one hand, it's doesn't seem like anything has changed because we haven't really started the process yet. But on the other hand I keep thinking about all we have to do before leaving.
We've kept the news under wraps pretty much because we haven't had a chance to tell our bosses yet and we feel like we owe them that. It's going to be hard telling my boss I'm leaving. I really like him and it's a terribly busy time at work. I don't want to leave a burden on anyone.
Sam and I have been going through the house trying to think about what to get rid of and what to keep. Sam thinks I'm way ahead of myself, but I've already started going through some boxes. I just don't want to continue hauling junk with me everywhere we go. I know how busy it's going to get and there won't be time later. Besides, when the movers come to pack us up I want to be as organized as possible to make unpacking in Germany a little easier.
I'm still trying to get over this flu/cold. Sam's refing basketball this morning, so that gives me time to clean the house. I got the house cleaned and my hair cut, now I'm busy baking desserts for the Super Bowl tomorrow. We're going to Mom and Dad Thompson's for the game. I love a clean house. And I really enjoy baking when it's cool enough that the stove doesn't heat up the whole house. We've had such beautiful weather lately. Not hot and a little cool in the evenings.
Well, I better get busy. The timer just went off.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment