Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Yesterday was Sam's 38th birthday. It seems strange to think he's nearing 40. Yikes! I guess we should have kids before too many more years go by. The number just doesn't seem to fit him. Anyhow, we had Sam's parents and Aunt Linda over for dinner and cake. I made lasagna and bread rolls. Mom Thompson brought one of her salads. She makes the best salads. It's always a lot of fun sitting around listening to the Thompson's talk story. You never know whether to believe them or if they're grossly exaggerting yet again. I know to believe them if Mom Thompson says it's true.

Anyhow, we had a really nice time. Sam loves ice cream cakes, so I ordered a chocolate cake with Oreo ice cream from Baskin Robbins. So, after dinner we had cake and Sam opened his gifts. I had ordered a luggage set for him. He's been wanting a hard side luggage set and he wanted it in a bright color so he could easily spot it at the airport. The set he got is bright orange. I don't think I've seen too many orange suitcases while traveling. Sam's parents and Aunt Linda got him a Pro Bowl 2007 football and had several of the players autograph it. The Pro Bowl players stay at Ko'Olina right where Sam's parents are renting, so I guess they've seen quite a few of them. Tonight Sam's getting everything ready for Pro Bowl in the morning. This is his last after 11 years, so I know he's looking forward to it.


I just found out that Mom is coming for a visit!!! She's getting here on March 1st and leaving the evening of the 8th. I'm really glad she's coming. I didn't want to push her into coming because I still don't know exactly where we'll be in the moving process, but it'll be so nice having her here for a little while.

Here are a few more pictures from last night -

Bread Rolls and Lasagna for dinner

Gabby had a hard time not playing with Sam's birthday leis

My sweet husband helping to clean up after dinner

No comments: