Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

We have our orders for Germany!

We finally received our orders yesterday. It seems unreal that we actually have the papers that authorize our move to Germany. I still can hardly believe it's happening. I was concerned that we hadn't received the order yet because we only have about 4-5 weeks left and a lot to do. Sam and I are still trying to decide which vehicle to take. We've heard it's pretty tight parking and driving so not to take the F-150, but then other's have said it's fine to have a larger vehicle. Also, the insurance is much higher in Germany and the Toyota would be $400 more per year than the Ford. That adds up.

This afternoon we went to Transportation at Schofield Barracks. That's the office that sets up the shipment of household goods, vehicle shipment and tickets. We filled out some paperwork, but have to return tomorrow morning for an appointment. After that we should have a better idea of when to plan on things happening.

Sam and I both took off work tomorrow to clean the house for the open house this weekend. The stager will be here Saturday morning, so we have to clean all the windows and put pictures away. Still tonight I'm going to shampoo the living room carpet. I hope we have a good showing on Sunday. Our real estate agent seems very confident that it will sell quickly. I hope so.

Well, I better get busy if I'm going to get what I need done tonight.

No comments: