Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our weekend

Sam is somewhere in the Black Forrest skiing with a few friends. I would love to go with them, but being pregnant and not feeling real well doesn't make that possible. Wednesday evening (the day I got the stent changed) I felt so much better. By the time I went to bed that evening I didn't have pain and very little discomfort. Unfortunately, that has changed. I'm back to having pain most of the time. Talking to some of the ladies at church today I got a different understanding of what might be going on. I could be wrong, but I think the baby is laying sideways in my belly and I'm just hoping that maybe once she turns and her head is downward that perhaps I won't need the stent anymore. I think her laying sideways is putting the pressure on the ureter tube from the kidney to the badder. That might not be exactly what's going on, but I felt a little hope that maybe she'll eventually turn and I'll be able to have the stent taken out. I'm hoping...

Yesterday we finally ordered the nursery furniture from the PX. I should have put in the order much earlier, but I kept trying to see if there was a company that would ship from the states. I liked the products better and it would have cost alot less to get the furniture from the states, but no one will ship over sized items to either our German address or our APO address. When that didn't work out, we checked into the German furniture. Honestly, I just don't care for the German furniture, besides the crib set I bought would not have fit. So, we were back to having to order from the PX. It's possible the order may not come in before she's born, but it should be around that time at least.

We also bought a rocking chair/recliner at the PX. I've never been impressed with the selection they have there - they seem to like alot of powder blue and mauve furniture. Anyhow, I really want to have a chair for the nursery and yesterday they actually had a pretty comfortable beige chair. We decided to just get that one because our only other option was to order one in and we knew that would take awhile to receive. We bought a crib mattress too. It's fun getting things ready for the baby.

Tomorrow is a federal holiday and Sam would normally have the day off, but he's been told he has to come in for at least part of the day. In the morning we're going to (hopefully) meet with our building contractor, Hammerle. All three of us in this row of townhouses has had problems that have not been resolved since we moved in. Unfortunately the contractor seems to have forgotten us after he made the sale. We just have a few things that still need to be fixed. 11 months later we're still waiting for the painter to return to finish the stairwell. Also, our floor heating is not working properly. Some areas are very hot while others are cold. Nothing major, but just things that we need to get fixed and we've been trying to contact Hammerle for months and he hasn't responded. He's supposed to be at the neighbors at 8:30 in the morning, so we're all going to go meet with him at that time.

While Sam's at work tomorrow I hope to get started on painting the nursery. It won't really take that long once I get started on it, but haven't had the energy to do it until now. I'm looking forward to having the nursery finished so we can start hanging up the little clothes and putting the room together. Obviously, the nursery is for the parents because I really don't think our little baby will care if she's sleeping in a beautiful room or a cardboard box, but we're having fun with it.

Well, that's about it for now. I haven't had many profile pictures taken so far, but this morning Sam took some before we heading out to church. I guess at 7 months, it's kind of hard to hide the belly anymore. Anyhow, here are a couple of pictures Sam took this morning. By the way - it's so weird to see pictures of a pregnant me. I guess I'm still not used to the idea.

28 weeks pregnant

No comments: