It's Friday evening and I had hoped to be feeling much better. Unfortunately, I'm still in pain. We went to my doctor appointment this morning. Considering what I've been through this week all she wanted to do was to monitor the baby and make sure she's doing fine. Thankfully, she's great. I love laying there listening to her little heart beat and hear/feel her kicking. I think she must feel the monitor on my belly because she kicks right where it is. It's pretty cute.
I told my doctor about the pain I'm still having from the stent that was put in on Tuesday. She agreed that it wasn't normal to be in so much pain. After telling her about my bad experience at the Urologist the other day, she said she would call another one that she knows. She was able to get us in to see him at 10:00.
The good news is that I really liked this new urologist. He was very kind and compassionate about the pain I'm dealing with. The bad news is he couldn't do much for me. He said that, unfortunately, some people just have pain from the stent, but it must be left in or the kidney will get blocked again. I guess the way the baby is laying is what's causing this problem. They say this is common during pregnancy, but I've never heard of it. There could be an underlying problem such as a kidney stone, but they can't check into that until after the baby is born. He did an ultrasound on the kidney and bladder to make sure the stent was in place and it was, so there is nothing he can do at this point. We agreed for me to wait until Monday and see how I feel at that time. If I'm still in pain, I'll call him back and he'll set up an appointment for me to return to the Urology clinic that put the stent in. (Oh...joy!)
Needless to say I feel pretty discouraged about the prospect of dealing with this pain for the next 3 months. It's just constant, no matter what I do. It doesn't seem normal to me that there's nothing they can do to help. Anyhow, I would so appreciate your prayers.
Friday, February 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow Misty you have had a rough week. I am so sorry you are having these problems, but glad your little one is doing good. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the pain lessens. Thank you so much for the update.
Post a Comment