Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What we've been up to...

There hasn't been much going on around here, but I thought my blog might be looking a bit boring with the same post for more than a week now.

Today is Halloween, which doesn't mean a lot to me. Probably after we have kids of our own it will have more meaning. I know some people don't celebrate it at all for reasons I can understand. We didn't do much on Halloween growing up, but I think mainly because we lived out so far and there really wasn't anyone to go trick or treating to. I remember a couple of times getting dressed up for a church party of some sort. I think there is a middle of the road. I certainly don't like the evil/gory costumes that some people wear, but I really don't see anything wrong with putting on a cute costume and going around collecting candy.

We received a package in the mail last week and neither one of us knew who this person was. Well, we opened it and found a card along with a cat toy. Here... it was from the girl who stayed at our house for a few days with Michelle while we were in Alaska. It was very nice. She sent a thank you card and a cat nip toy for Gabby. The cat nip must be very fresh because Gabby goes crazy over it. We say she's high on her 'weed'. It's so funny to watch her play with that little pouch of nip. It does seem to knock her out for awhile after playing with it.

Speaking of my rotten cat...I don't know if you can see it very well in the picture, but Gabby told on herself the other day. I made pancakes for breakfast, but we had to leave soon after so I left the pan sitting on the stove top. When I came home later, I saw little paw prints all over the counter. She must have jumped up to see what there was and stepped in the pan. She knows better than to get on the counter when we're here, but I'm pretty sure this is not the first time she's investigated while we were gone. She's just sneaky about it.

I am finally signed up for German Language classes. I start on Monday. Just by coincidence, I found an announcement for the class. They weren't planning to have another one until the end of December, but I'm really glad they did because after I start work it won't be quite as easy to get to classes. I don't have any hopes of being fluent in German, but hopefully, one day, I can communicate beyond my few words and phrases.

On the subject of getting a job...Sam had to go by the NAF office this morning on his way to work. The NAF Chief asked if I would be interested in a job there. She has a position coming open in January. It would be exactly what I did as a HR Specialist back in Alaska, so that would be interesting. I have no guarantee that I would even get it, but I'm sure I'll apply when it comes open. Human Resources can be pretty stressful, so I don't know that I'm real excited about that aspect, but it's certainly something I'll think about

I finally received my official passport last Friday. I sent for it before we left Hawaii and it's taken this long to get it. Sam still doesn't have his, but it should be here soon I would think. We really haven't had any problem travelling on our travel passport. I guess we just need both so that, if needed, we could prove that we are in Germany on official business.

A few weeks ago I found out that one of my friends/co-workers from Hawaii is going to be moving here in a month or two. She and her family will be a couple of hours away, but I'm really happy that she's coming. I know she's wanted to get a job here for awhile and selfishly it'll be nice to have someone pretty close by that I know and am friends with.

I love pictures. For awhile now I've been planning to get some enlarged and framed to put on my walls. I'm much more into having family pictures throughout the house then something I can go buy. Anyhow because I usually have the camera's date stamp turned on I now have those yellow numbers show up in all my pictures. I've been working with Corel Draw to get those dates out of the pictures I want to enlarge. It's enjoyable, but a little time consuming. Hopefully, one of these days I'll actually get them done and put up so my walls don't look so bare. It's difficult here in Germany because there is no where to print them out. I have to do it all online. I used to run down to Walmart and pick them up in an hour. It certainly makes it more difficult not to have that option.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Until next time...

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Yes those days when you kids were little at Halloween. I remember one year it seems like I have already told you about this but it was like it was yesterday, that I helped your mother make Chad an Indian costume with the fringe and all on it. I made an Indian dress for Sarah. I think Kristy was just a toddler back then it seems to me that I remember her wearing like a yellow blanket sleeper for something. But that was a lot of fun. I don't know if you have checked out my blogs lately but I made Ruths little boy and Indian two years ago and he wore it again last year. He older brother Ethan was Daniel Boone with the fringe and all too. Any way thank you for sharing time there in Germany. I am glad for you that you finally got your German classes. Thanks again for sharing. Love & Prayers, Eileen

Eileen said...

Hello again I just wanted to say hi, and tell you I just viewed your Moms blog it was really good. I don't know how she did it though, she snuck one but two blogs on there before I caught the first one. And I have been checking her blog a lot. Well, just wanted to share with you. Thanks for sharing. Love Ya!

Misty said...

Hi Eileen,
Sorry about taking forever to respond. I've been neglecting my blog lately. I really enjoy looking at your blog. You have beautiful grandsons. I saw the Halloween costumes you've made for them. Too cute! You really have a talent for sewing. I think I would enjoy that, but haven't taken the time to learn and it seems difficult.

Mom snuck that other blog in on me too. She's sneaky that way :) Take care.