Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Keeping in touch has never been so easy

Living so far away from family I've gotten into using Yahoo Messenger alot. Usually that's how Mom and I communicate on a daily basis. She'll leave an Instant Message for me and the next time I'm on I'll leave a message back to her. Sometimes we don't get to the computer at the same time, but we still manage to keep in touch.

A few days ago I finally got my web cam up and working too, so that's been a lot of fun. We can virtually talk and see each other at no cost. We call each other using Messenger and see each other on our cameras. It's really been nice to have an actual "visit" with Mom lately.

Something else I'm very thankful for is we can now call anywhere in the States for about $3 a month. Sam's clerk's sister works for the phone company here and she told us about this phone plan. We switched over, so as of today we'll be able to call anyone we want to without it costing much of anything. Up until now, when we call the states we've dialed an access number first in order to go through another phone company, so it hasn't been terribly expensive, but this is just so much cheaper and easier (less numbers to remember). We're very happy about cheaper phone bills :) (Although, maybe I should wait to celebrate until we get this next bill )

We're off to Poland this weekend. We've heard from a lot of people that we should not leave our car unattended in Poland. I guess theft is terrible there, so we decided to get a hotel room on the Germany side of the border then the next morning we'll head into Poland. It's only about 45 minutes to Boleslawiec, which is where lots of Polish Pottery is made. I don't know if I'll actually get much pottery, but I've been wanting to go and see what it's like.

A couple of weeks ago we finally bought a Tom-Tom GPS Navigator. What that means is we shouldn't be spending so much time lost anymore. WHOO-HOO!! We'll take it with us to Poland and try to figure it out on the way. Well, that's about it for tonight. I'm working on getting a pile of papers sorted and filed away. I don't know why, but I've never been good at keeping the house uncluttered on a daily basis. I wish I was. I have no problem cleaning, but then I don't keep it up daily like I should. I'm trying to get on a schedule so I can finally learn to keep in clean every day. Until next time....

No comments: