I've been tagged - thanks to Eileen:) That means I have to list 7 random facts about myself and then tag 7 other blogger buddies. I will be the end of this tag though since I don't have any blogger buddies who haven't been tagged already. Of course, if some of my friends or family would start their own blogs I would have someone to tag (hint, hint :)
It's taken awhile to think of 7 random facts about myself. I'm pretty transparent on my blog and don't think there is much about me that would suprise anyone. My random facts probably won't be anything new for those of you who know me well, but here we go.
1. Before getting married, my husband and I never spent more than two weeks together at a time. We met at a training in Hawaii and got to know each other in the last 3 days of class. A couple of years went by before we got back in touch. We flew to see each other for visits, but it was never more than 2 weeks at a time. So, after two years of long distance dating we decided it was time to take the leap into marriage. It's been a good three years and just gets better as time goes by. I'm married to a wonderful man. He's funny and sweet and makes my life interesting.
2. I love animals and always wanted to be a veterinarian. For various reason I didn't go in that direction. I've thought a lot about going to nursing school, but since starting with the Army 10 years ago I just haven't taken the time to return to school.4. In my teen years, I hand raised cockatiels from birth. That was a really neat experience. They had to be fed every couple of hours so I was up all through the night to feed my "babies". As they got older and started flying they would follow me around the house and land on me wherever I was.
5. I took violin lessons when I was around 10 and piano lessons at two different times in my life. I didn't stick with it and failed to learn to play either instrument. I still have my violin and always wish I would have continued with the lessons. I've decided that when we have children I will be sure they continue in music lessons long enough to really know how to play.
6. This is nothing unusual in Alaska, but two different times during my childhood we lived in one room cabins. One with no electricity or water; the other with no indoor plumbing, but... we had a path to an outhouse.
7. I am very, very close to my family. My Mom and I communicate in some form (email, IM or phone) almost every day. It's a little more difficult in Germany with the time difference, but we manage to stay in touch.

1 comment:
You are welcome! I enjoyed reading your 7 things about you. I think it is neat to read things about people they share. It is a good way to get to know people. It sounds like you had a good time in Alaska, as I am sure you did. I will welcome you back home! Keep on Blogging!
Post a Comment