Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sam's TV

When we were getting ready to leave Hawaii, we decided to get rid of anything we didn't need or use (which was a lot). We didn't want to just move our junk from place to place. Some of the things we hadn't even looked at in the 2 1/2 years of our marriage. Our bachelor neighbors were thrilled, because we set everything in the middle of our living room and told them to come take what they wanted.

One thing that Sam would have liked to bring with him was his "big screen TV". The reality of this "big screen" is that it was one of the 1980's fold out projection TVs. It worked just fine, but was a bit of an eye sore and took up a lot of space. I didn't really want to bring it to Germany, but would have if I'd thought it would make the trip. I thought the projection bulbs probably wouldn't make it. Besides, now that we're here and see everything we can't use because of the different voltage, I'm glad we decided to leave it in Hawaii.

Anyhow, since he wasn't able to bring his TV to Germany, he's been saying that he's going to get a flat screen once we get settled. I didn't mind, because I know how much he wants it and it'll be so much better than what we had. We thought this last weekend would be a good time to look, with the Memorial Day sales going on. We found a 42" plasma at the PX for a pretty good price. We didn't have the truck with us and it wouldn't fit in the car, so we've been waiting for the rain to clear so we can bring it home.

The rain has finally cleared today, so I'm sure my husband will be grinning from ear to ear when he walks in this evening with his new TV. It'll be a little while before we set it up. We need to clear a space amid the boxes and we still need to buy an entertainment center that we liked at Ikea. Besides, we also need to buy another AFN decoder box in order to view the American channels.

I'm getting a lot done everyday, but there is so much to go through that it's taking awhile. Even with everything that we gave away in Hawaii, we've filled two more boxes of stuff we don't need and I'm working on a third. It feels good to clean house and get rid of anything we don't need.

Speaking of, I guess I need to get back to work. Talk to you later.

No comments: