Both of them were helpful in our move to Germany. Stacy in particular was a God send. In the early days, Stacy drove us everywhere without ever seeming like we were a bother. She and Rich were always there to answer our questions, to help when everything broke when we moved into the house or just give us incredibly helpful information about living here. They never once seemed annoyed or like we were intruding. When we first moved here they had us out to dinner and always opened their home to us. We've really enjoyed spending time with them and we're going to miss them a lot. They're moving back to Florida. Stacy was just accepted for a position in Key West.
I'm meeting Sam at Patch after work and we're going to watch a movie. "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock is playing and it looks pretty good. It doesn't seem like I'm making much progress with the house. It's just a slow process. Before putting things away the dishes and clothes all need to be washed. That's a long process in itself since the German washing machines have such long cycles. Everything that can't be used here because of the different voltage is going to be stored in the attic. I also have a box for give away. I thought we purged quite a bit before coming, but I'm still finding things we just don't need or want. The house that, at one time, seemed so big is feeling smaller and smaller. My idea of opening one box at a time and putting those things away just didn't work out as planned. Well, I should get back to unpacking boxes. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment