We went to a Turkish restaurant for lunch. It's a challenge to find a place open after 2:00 in the afternoon on Saturday. Most everything closes down early. I couldn't tell you what I had, but it was pretty good.
Yesterday, we planned to try out an English speaking Baptist church outside of Patch, but Sam woke up through the night with a sore throat and a muscle in his neck and back. He was in so much pain that we didn't get up for church. Later he was up and started raking the yard, which he said helped loosen the muscles that were hurting him. So we met up with Stacy, Rich and Kelsey at the Panzer Bowling alley. I honestly can't remember the last time I bowled, but it must have been in my teens. We had a lot of fun with them though. Later in the evening Stacy and us went to see a movie at Patch.
I'm really impressed with the MWR facilites here. From what Stacy says they just recently renovated them and before that they were dumps. Sam and I checked out the gym yesterday. We're both saying that we're getting back to going regularly and we wanted to check it out. It's so much nicer than any we went to in Hawaii. All new equipment and very clean. The theater is brand new too, as well as the Bowling Alley. There's really not that many military here, but a lot of brass which allows us to have nicer facilities.
We know everyone is interested in seeing our new place, but right now it's just an empty house and looks very bare. So, once we get our household goods and get it put together we'll get some better pictures posted. For right now - here is a small glimpse.

2 comments:
Sounds like you all had lots of fun over the weekend. Its always nice when the weekends can be filled with fun stuff. Although it makes the weekend go by to fast. Your house looks great. Looks like a nice size backyard. So how long do you have to wait for your belongings? Hope it is not to much longer, I am sure that is hard, not having your stuff.
Well I hope you have a good day! Becky
Our weekends end up being pretty busy usually. I've been wanting to go back to the flea market in Stuttgart, but we haven't had time. Maybe this weekend. We were told our household goods would be here around June 19, BUT we just found out yesterday that they have arrived! I'm so happy about that!
Post a Comment