We had last Friday off (Veteran's Day). The day before Sam had found out that the tile was in a week early. So, early Friday morning he went to pick it up. I was so glad to get a week's head start on it. Even so, it's still going to be awhile before it's all done.
Sam got back to the house around 11:30. By the time we removed a few tiles that didn't fit right, it was about 1:00 before we started laying tile. We worked all day and got the office done by 8:00. It's very simple work, but sure is hard on the body. I don't think I'm that old, but I sure felt like I'd aged that evening. My knees, back and hands were hurting by the time we finished. By the next morning it felt as if I'd done 150 squats and lunges. Sam wanted to finish up and get the bedroom done the next day, but there was no way I was going to be able to do that. I was really hurting.
It feels good though to have one room done and it looks really nice. Sam did get the hallway closet tiled on Sunday, so this next weekend we'll get the bedroom tiled and then on the long Thanksgiving weekend we'll probably grout.
Saturday evening we went to the Aloha Dinner for our pastor and his wife. It was really nice, but it's sad to see them go. We enjoyed visiting and meeting others in the church. We need to get more involved in the church. I think Sam has invited about 4 different couples over "when we get the house done". He does love to have company and I have to try and accomodate that, even though I'm happy not having company.
One of the girls I work with, Rhi, has invited us over to their house for Thanksgiving. I thought that was really sweet of her. She knows our house is a mess right now. S am and I were going to go out to eat, but we hadn't found anywhere yet.
Well that's about it for now.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment