Another weekend is here. I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend. We don't seem to know what to do with ourselves anymore if there's no home improvement work to do. We're free from that for the next two weekends. We'll probably go to the beach. A girl Sam works with, Julie, was in a bad motorcyle accident last weekend, so I think we're going to visit her at the hospital.Next Saturday our church is hosting an Aloha Dinner for our pastor and his wife, James and Julie. Their last day at the church is the 14th. They feel like it's time to leave the church and move on. I believe they are going to start another church. We're really going to miss them. I've appreciated his honest, true teaching. The church doesn't have a new pastor as of yet, but I just trust that God leads the right person to the job.
The picture above is an orange habiscus that we bought at Walmart several weeks ago. I love the deep color orange. When it first blooms the whole blossom is deep orange, but as the sun shines on it the color eventually turns to yellow. It's very pretty.
I was just going through some pictures and found these.For our 2nd anniversary, Sam and I got a room at the Hale Koa and just enjoyed an evening down in Waikiki. We always enjoy getting away, even if for just an evening. The next day (which was our real anniversary) we met Diane and Liam at the Honolulu Zoo. Diane is married to Stefan, Sam's twin, and Liam is their 3 1/2 year old. I thought this picture was cute. They currently live in Japan and Stefan had already returned home. We wanted to spend some time with Diane and Liam so we went to the zoo together. As we were leaving, Uncle Sam wanted to buy something for Liam. He looked at a lot of things, but settled on this shark mask. We all had to look "scary" together.

Here we are on the beach at Waikiki. This was right behind the Hale Koa. You can't see it too well, but the sun was setting right behind us.
By the way, if you click on any of the pictures they'll come up on a separate page bigger. Also, there are comment links at the bottom of each post. You're welcome to leave me a message.

No comments:
Post a Comment