Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby shower, pictures, etc....

I've started feeling very pregnant lately. I think I've definitely slowed down in the last couple of days. Walking through a store on Saturday I had to ask Sam to walk even slower. He wasn't going fast, but I just couldn't keep up with him. I've been having some pre-labor pains. I wouldn't call them contractions, but just some pain that I'm pretty sure is my body getting ready for the big day. I hope she holds out until Mom gets here, but she'll come in her own time I'm sure.

Friday evening I went to the baby shower that was given by the ladies in the church. It was very nice and I felt honored that people I really don't know that well would put that much time into a shower to celebrate our baby. As much as I appreciated their kindness it was hard to be the center of attention. I usually try to steer away from being the focus of a group.

Christa and Beth were the two ladies who really put the shower together. The shower was at Christa's home and when she sent out the invitations she asked everyone to bring their favorite child's book. So, I came home with a great start for the baby's library. I thought that was a really nice idea. We got some other nice gifts, but I was really excited about all the baby books. We're pretty set with clothes and necessities for the baby, but had no books or toys so that was really a great gift idea.


Beth, Me and Christa

The shower cake

Opening gifts

Sitting has become pretty uncomfortable. I don't think the baby's dropped at all and when I'm sitting it feels like she's pushed into my ribs. I'm always pushing on her to try and make room to breath. Sam tells me to quit pushing her because I'll give her a bully complex :)

The collection of books and other gifts from the shower.

I got home at 10:00 that evening exhausted. Being around people drains me, but I really did appreciate the ladies giving a shower to celebrate our baby.

CYS at Patch was having a Spring Fling on Saturday and one of the services they were offering was child car seat inspections. We took the baby's infant seat out to have them help with the installation. It was great to have professionals help to show us the proper installation because when I originally took it out of the box and started reading the manual it was pretty confusing. So, the baby's seat is all set for her arrival. We left it installed in the car, so it's ready whenever she decides to come.

That day we also tried to exchange the stroller, but they didn't have the color we wanted in stock, so we're waiting to hear back from them on how long it's going to take to get that.

Yesterday afternoon we had a photo session scheduled out at an old monastery called Kloster Beben Hausen. I really wanted to get maternity photos, but have been nervous about getting them too. My poor, sweet husband had to put up with me fretting over it for several weeks, so I'm sure he's very glad it's over with. It actually turned out much better than I thought it would. I don't like to have my picture taken, but love to have the pictures....if that makes any sense at all. The photographer made it much easier by putting us at ease. After the baby's born we'll go to her place to have newborn photos taken. It was important to me to capture this time in our lives with pictures, so I'm really happy that we went through with it even though I was tempted to call them off several times. We were fortunate that the weather held out for us. It was looking pretty cloudy by the time we were heading out to the monastery, but cleared up as we got nearer.

Before I go, here are this week's photo updates.


38 weeks pregnant!

Two more weeks to go!

Off the subject of baby for a minute....last summer I wondered what all the fuss was about Facebook, so I signed up for an account but never really did anything with it until I started getting friend requests. So, just a couple of months ago I finished my page and started gathering friends. I have to say I think I'll always be more of a blogger, but I've really enjoyed touching base with some old friends again. It's been fun reconnecting.

I haven't been sleeping very well and last night was an especially poor night's sleep. I'm not much of a napper, but did take a nap this morning after getting back from the gym and Sam left for work. I figure I better try to get what sleep I can now because after the baby comes I already know I'll be sleep deprived. Anyhow....so, now I need to get busy. Time goes so fast and I can end up wasting a lot of time if I don't watch it.

No comments: