Pages

Monday, May 04, 2009

Just waiting...

Wow! We're down to only 5 days until the baby's due, unbelievable as that may be! Of course, she might not (probably won't) show up on that day, but it's still the date we're counting down to. I still feel really great. Mom told me this morning that hopefully I'm not still saying that next week or I may end up needing to be induced. I'm not necessarily eager to have the pain of childbirth, but I don't want her to get too comfortable because she needs to come out at some point.

Today I have a full day at home to get some things finished up. Tomorrow I have another doctor's appointment and hopefully, the doctor will see some signs of labor progression. Then on Wednesday I have my final pregnancy support group and Thursday Mom's gets here. It's just amazing to me how quickly time has flown by. I can hardly believe this pregnancy is almost to an end. I'm still so thankful not to have kidney pain. I have felt so good since that stent was taken out 2 months ago and literally thank God every day that I've not had any setbacks with it.

Sam and I had a nice weekend. I love spending time with my husband. It's so nice not working outside of the home. The time we have together is much more relaxed. With the baby's arrival so close it seems we have a list of things that need to get done on the weekends. We keep wondering if this is our last weekend without her.

Saturday we were finally able to pick up the correct stroller at Baby-Walz. They had to order one in from Hamburg and there were a few frustrations with that, but I'm happy that we finally have the color we originally wanted. We tried to get the material for curtains at Obi, but that didn't work out once again. I found a material, but then they said it wasn't the right size to make curtains....AARRRHH!!!! I really wanted to get them ordered so I don't have to deal with it after the baby arrives, but it looks like that won't happen. Part of the problem is Obi doesn't make curtains, but they have the biggest selection of material. Toom has the curtains made, but they have very little material to choose from. So....we have to find a material at Obi to buy (and figure out how much we need - the width of the windows multiplied by 2.2) then take it to Toom for the curtains. It would be so much easier if it was all in the same store. The nursery curtains were so simple because Toom had the material that we liked. Oh well!!! I guess I won't have curtains as soon as I was hoping.

Yesterday we had a potluck after church and enjoyed visiting with people there. After the shower I feel like I know some of them better than I did, which is nice. It takes me awhile to get to know people, so it needs to be forced on me sometimes :) I keep wondering if this will be our last time in church without a little baby. Our lives are on the verge of such a huge change, but we can't even really comprehend the extent of what it all means. I don't think any new parents have any idea how their lives are going to change until it happens. Some days our lives seems so peaceful with just the two of us and I actually find myself thinking "I hope the baby's worth it". I know that doesn't sound nice, but it's honest. On this side of having her it's hard to imagine what our lives will be like. I guess it's just new parent jitters and not knowing what to expect.

Last evening we went to the PX to check on our furniture order. AAFES has a reputation for not calling when your order arrives or even selling it to another customer, so I've tried to stay on top of it and keep going in to actually see if there is any new information. I didn't expect any other pieces to be in, but one of the girls said she had seen something in the back room, so she went to check and came back with the dresser that we had ordered. It was the same name brand and color, but the customer order number didn't match. We could have just taken it, but we pointed out that the number was different because I didn't want to take someone else's furniture if they had been waiting on it. So, they were going to check on it and give us a call.

Just a few minutes ago the phone rang and it was AAFES. They said that dresser is actually ours!!! Yeah!!! I'm so happy to have another piece of the nursery furniture. We're only waiting on the changing table now. I'm so happy to get this so I can empty some of the overflow in the closet out into the drawers. Things are coming together!!

Sam had to go to work extra early today to cover for someone who's out sick, so we didn't get to the gym this morning. Thankfully he was able to get off a couple of hours early, so he should be home earlier than normal. He has to run to Hornbach though, so I've already called and given him something else to pick up there and asked him to get milk on the way home. Then, after AAFES called I asked him if he could stop and get the dresser. Poor guy, he probably won't get home that much earlier. I hate giving him things to do after work, but it's either tonight or tomorrow when he gets off even later. I have a good husband and he doesn't really mind doing things for me, but I still feel bad asking him after he's had a long day.

We are having a gorgeous day here. The sun is shining so brightly in through the windows letting me know how badly they need cleaned. Sam is going to call a window washing service to price them coming out and doing all the windows in the next couple of weeks. We have so many windows in this house that it literally takes all day to clean them, so it would be worth the money to have someone come and do that job.

Our Macintosh apple tree in bloom

This is the 3rd summer we've had this tree and the first time we've seen it with this many blooms.

Gabby enjoying the sunshine

Well, here are yesterday's pregnancy photos. If you can't tell by the picture I was not having a good morning. Sorry...no smiles this time.



These are just some pictures from the nursery. I had some little dresses that I'd just ironed and were waiting to be hung in the closet. Hanging there, they just looked so "little girlish" that it tickled my heart and I wanted to capture that. It's going to be so fun having a little girl to dress up :)






Our photographer sent us the previews of our pictures from last weekend. Unfortunately I can't copy them from the website and post here. I will be buying the CD of pictures once we get the newborn shots, but I won't have them until that time. Of course, we didn't like all of them but we didn't expect to. There are several that we liked though, so I think it was worth it.

That's what's going on here. Most likely we have an eventful week ahead of us. If the baby takes her time coming I'll probably do another update, but if you don't hear from me before then I'll be posting pictures of our sweet little bundle as soon as I can. The hospital does not have Internet and I'll be in there for 3 days at least, so it could take a little while. Until next time...

2 comments:

becky said...

You must be super excited. Bet your mom is too. How long does she get to stay with ya all? Love all the pictures, specially the apple blossoms. I had never seen a tree like that before. Can't wait to see the pix of your little one.

Eileen said...

Darling little outfits. I love the picture of your Mother holding the little bundle.Once again Congrat.