Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting ready to go home for Christmas

Friday was my final day of work at NAF. I'm still waffling between exhilaration and hesitation. I don't have much time to dwell on not having a job though because we leave on Wednesday to head home to Alaska. I was very ready to be done with the job though. I didn't feel like I had alot to give in the last couple of months and I don't like giving less than 100% at work. It was just time to be done there.

Today my goal is to get the house squeaky clean, so tomorrow we can focus on packing. Yesterday afternoon we took Papa kitty out to Laura's to see if he and her cat, Jasper, would get along. We stayed for a couple of hours to see how it went. Jasper was very nervous and wouldn't take his eyes off of Papa. Papa on the other hand got as close to the back of his cage as he could and closed his eyes. I hate putting him through the stress of being at another home, but I think if we don't we'll come home to a real mess. We finally took Papa out of the cage, but he found a hiding place behind a desk. By the time we left their house Jasper wasn't paying much attention to the other cat in his house, so we felt it would probably go pretty good. We're still here until tomorrow so if things don't go well Laura will let us know. They will keep him there for the duration of our trip. Of course, I'm also hoping that Laura's boyfriend will change his mind about adopting Papa permanently.

Today I'm thoroughly enjoying cleaning my house. It's needed it for awhile. Plants all need watered, things need dusted. It just needs a good overall cleaning. While we're gone the neighbors will be coming in every day to check on Gabby and make sure every thing's alright. I know she's going to be lonely, but all I can do it make sure she's taken care of while we're gone. She was so happy last night without Papa here. At first I thought I was just reading more into her playfulness, but Sam felt the same way. She hasn't played much since Papa's been here. She's been so concerned with watching him and being on guard. Last night she was just silly. Running everywhere and hiding from us. It was nice to see her being playful again.

This afternoon we have our appointment at the doctors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the baby is turned the right way. I hope we have a firm confirmation on what sex the baby is. If not, I would be a little concerned to go either way for fear it might turn out to be wrong. I'm 19 weeks 2 days so we certainly should be able to know if Baby cooperates. It would just be nice to know if we need to buy pink or blue.


The end of last week it snowed quite a bit here in Stuttgart. We got about 4 1/2 inches accumulation. It's absolutely beautiful. The snow is still hanging on all the trees, so every thing's covered in white. It's perfect Christmas weather. I love it!

Well, I better get back to cleaning my house. Lots to do and not enough time. Until next time...

1 comment:

becky said...

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.