Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

I'm late on posting this because we have had a very full 4 day weekend. Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary. On the one hand it feels like just the other day we were saying our vows and on the other it feels like a lifetime ago. We have sure been through some changes in the last 3 years. We dated long distance for over two years then when we got married I uprooted my whole life to move to Hawaii and now we're in Germany.

I would truly do it all over again though because marrying Sam was the best decision I've ever made. He's a wonderful husband. He is one of the sweetest, most patient men I know. I don't always handle stressful situations with grace, but usually Sam's like a rock. Nothing seems to get to him. I really appreciate how loving he is. I love his personality- he finds humor in any situation. Before we got married I had so many people tell me that men change after getting married, but Sam hasn't. He's just as sweet and loving as when we were dating. He doesn't leave dishes and dirty clothes all over the house. He doesn't mind cleaning or doing dishes sometimes. He treats me with utmost respect and puts 1 Corinthians 13 into action.

We don't always agree, but then as my grandma used to say "If two people agree on everything, then one of them is an idiot".

We didn't have much of a celebration yesterday because we ended up driving to Mannheim to pick up a buffet and antique couch. We spent a lot of time lost and finally made it home around 8:00. We planned to go out to dinner, but neither one of us felt like it by the time we got home, so we put a pizza in the oven and watched a movie. Here are a few pictures from our wedding.

Lighting our unity candle

Us with our parents

The wedding party

Our announcement and rings with my bouquet.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Misty Hi, Congrats on your Anniversary. We are celebrating our 38th today the 6th. I Like looking at wedding pictures. They are so beautiful and to be able to see your Mother & Father too. So you are leaving soon for Alaska right? I pray all goes well, and please say hi for me. Does your Mother have a blog? Let me know if you can. Thanks Eileen

Misty said...

Eileen - Congratulations on 38 years! That's wonderful! I leave for Alaska in 5 more days - not that I'm counting :)
Mom has thought about doing a blog, but isn't sure she wants to put her life out there like that. I keep telling her she should. I think it's such a great way to keep in touch and to see what's going on in each other's lives. It can be intimidating if I think about everyone that's reading what I write. So, I just think about what I'd say to Mom or Kristy, leaving out what I wouldn't want the entire world to know. I've always enjoyed journaling anyhow, so this is just an elevated style of keeping a diary.
Well, Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Misty