Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

June 2015

We were in Germany for only part of the month of June since we headed stateside just a few days after Elly's last day of school.  We had a pretty full month though.  Having Elly in school brings so much more "busyness" to our lives.  There is always another activity that we are planning for or I'm baking for.  It seems like we're always preparing for the next event.  

I absolutely loved her Kindergarten year and had a really hard time saying goodbye to her teacher. Not only is she a wonderful teacher, but I really enjoyed getting to know her as a friend.   As an adult I've realized that my school experience was very different from lots of other people.  I think back to when I was in school and I didn't have a different teacher every year.  Often it was my parents, but even if it wasn't them it was someone I had known for awhile since we always went to small private Christian schools or home schooled.  It's just something I hadn't considered before Elly went to school that every year I would have to get to know a new teacher.  I just wish she could have Mrs. Biggs next year too.  It was hard saying goodbye to this year and realizing we would never have her for Elly's teacher again.  It wasn't all sad though.  I was looking forward to summer break and not having to get Elly up and going so early every morning.  Anyhow, here are a few highlights.

Elly loves it when Sam takes her for rides on the moped and it's even more exciting for her when he picks her up from school on it or, as was the case this particular day, take her to school. I am so thankful that he's such a great daddy.  He really is the best and spends every  moment he can with her.



Throughout the school year the kids learned all about books.  One day Elly came home telling me about authors and illustrators and that they were writing their own books.  I loved this idea!  Each child had a "bare book" to make into their own, Elly wrote about the Earth. Once they were finished they had an Author's Tea for the kids to read a portion of their books to the parents.  It was a nice day. 




The end of the year brought a Kindergarten celebration.  It wasn't exactly a graduation, but it was done like a red carpet event.  The kids all dressed up and walked the red carpet to get their reward.  They had a couple of cute songs they preformed too.  It was really nice.  

My beautiful little almost 1st grader!






Elly's Kindergarten classroom.  Lots of good memories in this room.



This was also the very last year for this school.  Next year they will be in a brand new school. We had to get a picture with their mascot, the bulldog.


Mrs. Spencer, Elly and Mrs. Biggs.


Elly's last day of Kindergarten. 

I'm not exactly sure what was going on here, but we were heading out to ballet and she was feeling pretty spunky in her boots. ☺

I never had any real plans to cut Elly's hair. It's very common in our family for the girls to have long hair.  I didn't cut my hair until I was in my 20's and I love her long curly hair, but it had gotten so long that a lot of the curl was weighed down.  I thought that if we trimmed it a little that maybe it would get some curl back.  I let Elly make the decision though.  If she didn't want to get it cut I would never cut it.  It's her hair and her choice.  After LOTS of going back and forth, she did decide to get a trim though so I set an appointment with my hair stylist, Jessica.  I wouldn't trust anyone else to cut her hair.  It was a hard decision to cut her hair and honestly one I kind of regretted.  It made me sad, but I never let Elly know.  As you can tell by the before and after photo, not much was cut off....maybe a couple of inches and it really did look better when she wore it down.  
One last look at her beautiful hair before we left.  


Someone's excited!





This was her favorite part.  Jessica put a couple of braids in the front of her hair and she loved it. 

Not really THAT much was cut off.  


I kept a beautiful little curl.

The after photo.  Still long and pretty.

No comments: