Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

December 2014

December started with Sam still gone on TDY.  I miss him when he's gone, but we were busy with school parties and getting ready for Christmas.  It's always fun to start the Advent Calendars and baking cookies.  Elly really wanted to help with the baking this year.  Honestly, it's so much easier and more enjoyable to just do it myself, but I want to include her and let her have fun.  One evening I was making Chocolate Tarts and I just gave her some dough and she made her own.  She was so proud of her work and she really did a great job.  She's such a sweetheart!







For school, Elly had to "elf herself".  This was her creation.

One day Elly was not feeling well so I kept her home from school.  She wanted a craft to do so we strung some cranberries and popcorn on a string and put it outside for the birds to eat.  Funny thing is, they ate all the popcorn and left the cranberries.  



Making gingerbread houses at school.



Early in December we always have Elly's ballet recital.  I look forward to this each year because it's only done once a year and it's just so cute to see her dresses up and doing her thing on stage.  This year they were poppies.  She looked so cute and takes it so seriously.  

Sam was flying back into Stuttgart at the same time as the recital.  I was hoping he would make it in time to see Elly dance and he did.  I think he came in on the dance before Elly's.  It was JUST in time, but it was so nice to have him there, jet lagged and all ☺















Elly wrote a sweet note to put in Ms. Helen's Christmas gift.

Hot Chocolate bar at school.  I love all the parties we have there!

Elly with Santa.  This is the same Santa that she has had pictures with since she was born.

Elly was an angel in the Christmas play at church this year.



As a family we made a gingerbread village this year. 
 Elly had so much fun with it and they turned out really cute.  




Christmas Eve


Christmas Day





No comments: