Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Elly starts Kindergarten ~ 3 September 2014

Where has the time gone?!? It doesn't seem like Elly should be old enough to be in school, but as much as I may think that, here she is starting Kindergarten.  She was so nervous to start school, but we built it up to her and told her how much fun she's going to have.  

We went in about a week before school started to meet with her teacher.  I liked that Elly could see her classroom and know who her teacher was going to be.  Her teacher's name was Mrs. Maka...at least for the first three weeks of school. We were not very happy with it at the time, but one Friday about three weeks after school started we received an email from the school telling us there would be a new teacher in Elly's class come Monday morning.  I did not like how it was handled, but we grew to love her new teacher, Mrs. Biggs, and think it was the best thing that could have happened.  She was fantastic and was a wonderful teacher for Elly's first year.
My precious little Kindergartner.  She looks nervous.




Waiting with her until the bell rings.




This picture pulls at my heart.  I see the nervousness on her face and it makes me wish I could go with her so she's not scared, but I had to let her go and learn some independence and do it on her own.  




I love this!  I think this was done in the first week of school.  They all had to draw a portrait of themselves.  Apparently, this is what Elly looked like.  ☺

No comments: