Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Elly's 1st Ballet Recital (1 December 2012)

Elly has been in ballet classes since September and I was so tickled to find out they have a recital in early December every year.  Miss Helen's Mom makes all the little costumes that were handed out the week before the actual recital.  We were all very excited and Elly couldn't stop talking about it.

I was concerned that she might not make it to the recital because she had been pretty sick for a few days prior and even that morning I asked her if she wanted to go.  She was just not feeling well and I maybe should have kept her home, but I just couldn't do that to her.  She had so been looking forward to this and I wanted her to experience it. 

We had to be there earlier in the morning for a rehersal.  It's so cute seeing all those little 3 and 4 year olds trying to follow along.  Elly had a little trouble, but I can't help but think it had something to do with her not feeling well. Not to mention she's only been doing this a couple of months.  It was adorable none the less though. Here we were waiting for her rehersal time to come up. 

 

After rehersal, we walked over to Sam's office to hang out and get Elly ready.  It was the first time I was putting Elly's hair in a little bun.  Miss Helen said just to use lots of gel and hairspray to hold it in place. I think it turned out pretty well.  Looking back at these pictures I can see that she didn't feel well.  She wouldn't have missed it for the world though.  She loved it.
 

 




Is there anything cuter than little girls in tutus??


 
The lighting was terrible  so I didn't get very good photos of her recital. There was an older ballerina that performed with them so they could kind of follow her.

Elly and Miss Helen :)
 
Happy, but tired little girl. 

No comments: