I was home from Alaska for just a couple of weeks when I threw a baby shower for a friend on September 15th. I'm always nervous giving a party. There are many reason, but I guess primarily, because I'm just shy by nature and don't want the attention. Also, I worry that it won't all come together and be the way I want it to be. I was glad to have had the opportunity to be back in the states and buy some supplies to bring back with me. Mom helped me get all the big pom poms folded and stapled so I just had to fluff them for the party. I think overall it turned out very nice. There were about 15 ladies that came and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I went (loosly) with a clothesline theme because it was the design of the plates I bought. My friend was having a little girl (her third), but does not like pink, so I didn't make that the primary color theme. Anyhow, here are a few pictures from the shower.
Gift basket for games
Door prize that we did a drawing for.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do about a cake for the shower, buy it or make it, but in the end I decided to make it myself. I'm just never happy with cakes that I buy. Either they don't taste very good or the decoration is lacking. I don't consider myself a cake decorator AT ALL, but figured I could do a simple cake justice. I intended to do the entire cake with fondant, but was not impressed with the flavor of regular fondant and the buttercream fondant just didn't hold up that well, so I did it mostly in buttercream and did the accents in fondant. I could pick it apart, but I think over all I was pleased with how it turned out. The party turned out nice, but I was relieved when it was over :)
No comments:
Post a Comment