Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

This year our church had a New Year's Eve service with a time for fellowship afterwards. We've never gone to one, but thought it sounded like a great way to start off our evening. We really enjoyed it. It was a nice time of prayer and sharing what the Lord has done for us throughout this year. After church, we headed home to continue celebrating the New Year.

Our neighbors had just returned home from the states the night before so we weren't sure they were up for a party, but we're very happy they came over. We had a very fun and relaxed evening. They came over a few minutes after we got home from church, so we changed clothes and popped some pizzas in the oven. Then we played a couple of games before it was time to head up to the balcony to see the fireworks. It's great here because we don't have to buy any, but get a great show. We stand on our balcony and see fireworks in every direction all over our little town. Sam got a fire going in the firepit (Thanks, Heather!!) and the kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows. It was a little rainy, but we had a great time.









So...that (finally) sums up the end of our year. We're looking forward to great things in this coming year. We're so blessed. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be home with my sweet little girl. Some days are difficult, but I try to remind myself that there is really no place I would rather be. Time flies by so fast and I want to do my best to appreciate each day as a precious gift. I'm so thankful for my husband too. He's such a great provider and loving daddy and husband. Because of him, I'm able to be home with our girl. Until next time...

No comments: