Sam and I have very different traditions when it comes to Christmas. His family does everything on Christmas Eve. My family doesn't do anything Christmas Eve, but Christmas morning. I think we've kind of made a nice compromise for our little family. We open one gift Christmas Eve (this year we did the stockings too, but we'll see if we continue that). Then Christmas morning we open the rest of the gifts and later have Christmas dinner.
When we got home from the candlelight service it was around 9:30. It was late, but we still decided to open our stockings and one gift. We had a really nice evening. Elly had lots of fun getting into her stocking.
It was a little different this year with Christmas falling on a Sunday. We waited until that morning to decide for sure, but in the end opted to stay home from church. We had gotten to bed so late and Elly had not been getting her sleep. I hated to miss Christmas Sunday morning service, but since we were staying home we relaxed and had a nice morning.
It was fun watching Elly open her gifts this year. She was really interested in everything she got and wanted to play with each thing instead of moving right on to another gift. So, we let her play and go about it at her own pace.
Elly had already been playing with her new little vacuum when it was time for Daddy to read the Christmas story from the Bible. She had seen it in the box down in the guest room for the last couple of months. She played with it in the box and always asked to get it out. I was pretty sure she would like it and she didn't disappoint. She now has to "help" me vacuum anytime I sweep the house.
Dora puzzle mat from Mom and Papa Hosier.Gabby was playing with Elly by trying to catch the strings Elly had. It was pretty cute because usually Gabby tries to ignore Elly. This time she was actually wanting to play with her.
I just knew Elly would like this doll. She LOVES to play with hair. She plays with her own hair and loves it with I sit on the floor and she can brush my hair and do all kinds of things with it. I think this was definitely the "it" toy of the day. She kept going back to play with it.
Another fun doll from Oma and Opa.
Elly and her Christmas loot.
Later in the evening we had our Christmas dinner. After cleaning up we went for a nice long walk. I love taking walks around our town. Elly's really been enjoying running lately. Sam or I run ahead and Elly chases us. I love seeing her run. I don't know how she has so much energy. Anyhow, when we got home she had some pretty rosy cheeks.
Well, that's a look at our Christmas. It would be wonderful to be near our families, but other than that we had a nice day.

No comments:
Post a Comment