Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

July 2011

At the beginning of July our church had it's annual picnic out at Sonnenhof. It's a really beautiful farm setting. There are lots of animals that the kids (and some of us adults) enjoy. Our church rents out an area where we have an abbreviated church service and then afterward we have a potluck and each family brings their own meat to grill. It's really a nice day.




Elly enjoyed looking at the pigs...

and the goats...

and the pigs again...

and the biggest pig of all...the Mama of all the little piglets running around.

We had some beautiful summer days through July. Elly had so much fun playing in her pool. I love having the patio right off of our kitchen because I can have the doors open and Elly can play to her heart's content while I work in the house. That's one part of our house that I do really like.








She LOVES the kids that live next door. She was talking to Aiden in this pictures. You can see the pure delight on her face :)

My little cover girl :)





Sam joined the MWR softball league this year. It's almost funny to say that because it sounds a little too professional :) They didn't win any games (unless you count the two that other teams had to forfeit for lack of players) and it almost became a joke of sorts. How badly will we lose tonight? What was great though is that most of them had wonderful attitudes about it. They were out there having fun playing a game. Sam was the pitcher and did pretty good, if I do say so myself. Elly and I had a lot of fun watching them.




Ready for another walk one evening. It was rainy out so Elly was able to wear this cute little raincoat Oma and Opa sent to her. She loves her raincoat.


Sam and I have often talked about buying this little plot of land that this old house sits on. We just love the the look of this house and have no idea if the land is even for sale, but we like the idea of being able to built a little house in this area. This sits on one of the prettiest little streets in our town. We walk by it quite often.













There is no doubt in my mind that I have a little girl. She LOVES to play with hair, act like she's putting on makeup, watch herself in the mirror, go shopping, etc. This particular morning she wanted me to put all of the rubber bands in her hair and this is what we came up with :)


One evening toward the end of July we had some friends that are PCSing back to the states soon over for dinner. Anna and I met in the Pregnancy Support Group, so we've known each other pregnant and through having little ones up through the last couple of years. Her little girl is about 5 days younger than Elly and they have a baby boy who was about 7 months old in these pictures. To contain the littlest one we put this fence up on the back patio, but the girls ended up liking it better than he did.


Elly just loves little Liam!

Elly and Lily

And that about covers July. Slowly but surely I'm getting this caught up. I'm off to work on August now.

No comments: