That evening, Elly and I went out to Patch to meet with Sam. We planned to do a little cookout when he got off work around 6:00. Elly and I walked around and looked at the different vendors. By the time Sam was off the clock we played with the idea of just getting something to eat there because it was getting late and seemed like a lot of work to get everything out and ready. In the end, we figured since we had the food in the car so we might as well do what we originally planned. We took up residence under the vacated tent that MWR had used, so we had our own little area. We had one of those small disposable charcoal grills so it took a LONG time to cook the steaks. By the time they were done it was dark and the fireworks were about to go off. It was a fun evening though. We had some friends stop in to visit and share the food.
I wondered how Elly was going to do with the fireworks. The last time she saw any was in Florida and she did not like the noise. She was a little unsure at first, but watched the entire show and in the end I think she liked it, since she kept saying "More!".

No comments:
Post a Comment