Originally I started thinking about getting a fake tree because the strings of lights that we have here in Germany are just simply frustrating. There seems to be a lot more wire than necessary and alot of the lights don't hook together to continue a string of lights, so you end up having lots of plugs. Anyhow, I thought how simple it would be if we could get a pre-lit tree and I didn't even have to deal with the lights. We looked everywhere on the economy with no luck. The only thing the German stores had were short and skinny trees. I was resigning myself to yet another year of fighting with the strings of lights when we decided to check the PX "just in case they had something". I was even willing to get a 110 tree that we would have to plug into a transformer just so I didn't have to deal with the lights. Someone must have been looking out for us though because we found exactly what we were looking for and it was on sale to boot. I was so happy!!
I still love a real tree and will (probably) have one again once we get back to the states, but for the next several years that we're here I will enjoy my fake tree :) The Monday after Thanksgiving I put the tree together and had everything ready so when Sam got home from work we could decorate it. Elly was so excited! She kept saying "pretty" when she saw the lights on the tree. She could hardly contain herself when she saw all the pretty bulbs and ornaments. She's done pretty good about not taking things off the tree, but I couldn't even tell you how many times this season I've said "Elly don't touch the tree...Put that back on the tree...Just look, don't touch" Anyhow, here are a few pictures from when we decorated the tree.

1 comment:
Beautiful tree! Thanks for sharing! Elly is precious!
Take care!
Cheryl
Post a Comment