I just can't believe that it's already the middle of February. I thought it had just been a couple of weeks since my last post, but then I looked at the date and realized it's been almost 6 weeks. Where has the time gone? I can't seem to keep this blog up to date these days. Hopefully, I can at least manage a monthly update. We'll see how that goes.
We've been busy, busy, busy. In just a few weeks we'll be off to Hawaii for a nice vacation. We're really looking forward to going back for a visit. It's funny how I have a way of only remembering the good things in the past. When we lived there I had a lot of complaints...the heat, mainly. Having been gone for almost four years now I have very fond memories of our time there and am excited about going back. I'm really excited about having air conditioning this time :) We never had AC there and I'm really looking forward to it. We're renting a place beside Sam's parents so it should be nice. I'm looking forward to Elly getting to spend some time with her grandparents. Sam and I have even played with the idea of actually having a date night. It'll be so nice to have someone we trust to keep Elly. We've never left her with someone other than a couple of times she's gone right next door to play with the neighbor kids. She's always done great there, but we just haven't taken advantage of it at this point.
This post will have quite a few pictures, which seems to happen quite a bit anymore. Elly is so cute these days. We have so much fun with her. She's such a little character. Just a couple of weeks ago she started making 2-3 word sentences. I'm trying to keep a journal everyday of something cute she did. At this age there is so much she does that is truely so cute that it's hard to remember it from day to day. Just this morning we were on our way out to Patch and I went around a corner a little faster than usual and I heard her pipe in from the back seat with "Whoa, Mama". She makes me laugh all the time.
She's started to help Daddy feed Gabby at night and gets so upset if he tries to sneak it by her. She knows the whole routine. She goes to the fridge and gets the can of food out and then to the silverware drawer to get a spoon then she calls Gabby and clicks her toungue to get Gabby to come with her up the stairs. It's really cute to see.
We've been busy, busy, busy. In just a few weeks we'll be off to Hawaii for a nice vacation. We're really looking forward to going back for a visit. It's funny how I have a way of only remembering the good things in the past. When we lived there I had a lot of complaints...the heat, mainly. Having been gone for almost four years now I have very fond memories of our time there and am excited about going back. I'm really excited about having air conditioning this time :) We never had AC there and I'm really looking forward to it. We're renting a place beside Sam's parents so it should be nice. I'm looking forward to Elly getting to spend some time with her grandparents. Sam and I have even played with the idea of actually having a date night. It'll be so nice to have someone we trust to keep Elly. We've never left her with someone other than a couple of times she's gone right next door to play with the neighbor kids. She's always done great there, but we just haven't taken advantage of it at this point.
This post will have quite a few pictures, which seems to happen quite a bit anymore. Elly is so cute these days. We have so much fun with her. She's such a little character. Just a couple of weeks ago she started making 2-3 word sentences. I'm trying to keep a journal everyday of something cute she did. At this age there is so much she does that is truely so cute that it's hard to remember it from day to day. Just this morning we were on our way out to Patch and I went around a corner a little faster than usual and I heard her pipe in from the back seat with "Whoa, Mama". She makes me laugh all the time.
She's started to help Daddy feed Gabby at night and gets so upset if he tries to sneak it by her. She knows the whole routine. She goes to the fridge and gets the can of food out and then to the silverware drawer to get a spoon then she calls Gabby and clicks her toungue to get Gabby to come with her up the stairs. It's really cute to see.

1 comment:
Very cute! I love seeing all the pictures and seeing what you all are doing! Elly's just adorable! We are looking forward to seeing you sometime not tooooo far away! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment