Elly is so much fun! I've said this at every stage of her life and meant it, but she's just such a little person and so involved with everything we do anymore. She's so smart and knows exactly what's going on. She amazes me on a daily basis with things she says and does. I love watching her play. Seeing how closely she immitates me is a little convicting. It makes me realize how important my actions are because I have this little person who is learning from my behaviors. Sam says if he didn't know any better he would think that all I do throughout the day is talk on the phone, play on the computer and put on lotion because that's what Elly mimics the most :)
Elly recently discovered the poodle backpack (w/leash) that Aunt Kristy got her last year. She wanted me to put it on her and instantly fell in love. For a couple of weeks that was the first thing she went to each morning and wore it almost constantly throughout the day.
Elly's still not the greatest eater. I keep trying to introduce different foods and offer things over and over, but she still refuses everything except carbs. Noodles with butter and parmesan remains her favorite (who can blame her? Sam and I like that too :) She has recently tried oatmeal though which made me happy. It's messy, but she does pretty good at getting it in her mouth.
Elly really LOVED the Christmas tree. Every morning she would tell me how pretty it was and if it wasn't on she wouldn't rest until I plugged it in. It was the first thing she would run to when we got home and before I could even get my coat off she would be asking for it to be turned on. She did very good about leaving the bulbs, ornaments and tinsle ON the tree, but it was a pretty tall order to expect her not to touch it all season long.
We've had lots of snow so far this winter. It's been beautiful and I love it. One day Elly was having kind of a rough day so we got dressed up warm and headed outside. She didn't quite know what to do with it at first and didn't want to touch it, but she finally got used to it. Such a happy girl!
With my precious girl
She loved the big snowball!
Recently I've noticed how much Elly is growing up. She's looking more and more like a little girl instead of my baby. I think she's gone through a growth spurt in the last couple of months because I look at clothes she was wearing when I was home (in Alaska) just a couple of months ago and she's outgrown them. Sam was holding her on his knee the other day and I couldn't believe how long she's gotten! Enjoying her noodles :)
She likes standing on the couch to look at the snow outside.
Elly's curly hair just amazes me. It seems to get more curly with age and I just love it. She's getting much better at keeping the barrettes in her hair. I get asked sometimes if I've cut her hair, but I haven't nor do I plan to. It's just the way her hair is. I love how it looks when it's freshly wet and combed, but usually by the time we get somewhere it's been smashed in the car and it's a little messy....but that's my girl :) So many curls!
13 December 2010 ~ Elly meets Santa Claus
Every December the PX at Panzer has a Santa Claus available for children to meet. It's really great because they take pictures and then put those pictures on a disk while you wait...all for free. Last year Elly was still pretty young and didn't quite know what to think of this guy all dressed up in red and white with a big beard, but we were able to get a few pictures before the crying began.
This year it was a different story. As soon as she saw him and I walked toward him I could feel her grip on me tighten. She was clinging to me for dear life and did not want to even look at Santa. The only pictures we could manage to get were with me sitting on the step in front of Santa. I think it traumatized her though because to this day if she sees a red and white hat she says "Sinta" (her word for Santa) and does this little whine. We have heard it ALL...season...long. Why must we, as parents, do this to our kids??? I don't know, but I'm sure we'll do it again next year :) Trying her best to get away from Santa
She was very unsure of that guy sitting behind us
Santa trying to give her some candy
Santa looks exasperated....must be a hard job making babies cry all day :)
After meeting Santa we went to the Bowling Alley to attend a birthday party for one of Elly's little friends who just turned 2. Elly really enjoyed her first experience with bowling. She loved picking up those heavy balls (or trying to). Enjoying a snack at the party
She loved watching and playing with the bowling balls
Pushing her own bowling ball
She escaped and headed down the bowling lane....oops.
Here are just some shots of Elly playing around the house lately ~ She loves filling her grocery cart and pushing it around the house.
Taking pictures out of her photo album....little stinker.
Caught!!
She does this on her own. She gets the changing pad, diaper cream, lotion and toothbrush out to take care of her baby. It's so cute watching her play :)
We were going to attend a candle light service at our church on Christmas Eve, but it started snowing and the roads were pretty bad, so it was cancelled. I'd been looking forward to it, but it was kind of nice to just stay home too.
Christmas morning was nice and relaxed. We woke to about a foot of new snow. It was beautiful, but it was our week to shovel the walks, so Sam headed outside to clear the walks and driveway. After seeing how much snow we got I wondered if our friends would make it to dinner. I kind of doubted that they would.
When Sam finished shoveling and Elly woke up we gathered in the living room to listen to Sam read the Christmas story from Luke 2. Elly was so much fun this year. She was really into the pretty tree and gifts. She finally understands opening gifts and had alot of fun tearing into them. Stockings hung...unfortunately we don't have a mantle though.
Looking down our walkway Christmas morning
Poor Sam had a lot of snow to shovel that morning
Reading the Christmas story
Elly checking out her stocking
She found a PHONE!!
Trying to figure it out
In the midst of opening her other presents she was still trying to figure the phone out. Such a serious look :)
A toy from Oma and Opa
What could possibly be under this wrapping?!?
Elly's kitchen!!!
She was so fun to watch. She had to check all the buttons and features out.
Getting a pony ride from Daddy
Elly's awesome little kitchen
Well, our friends decided they wouldn't be able to make it out to our place for dinner, so I didn't feel too rushed to get dinner on. We piled in Sam's truck and went out for a ride to see all the snow. It was beautiful! We got back and put Elly down for her nap then I got dinner ready. We usually have a big turkey dinner, but this year I decided to go with a ham dinner. It was so easy and good that I think we might just do that again in the future.
A few pictures from the rest of December~
New Year's Eve is always interesting here in Germany. There is no need for us to buy fireworks because we can just stand on our balcony and get a great show. People start shooting them off early in the day and as midnight nears it gets louder and louder. We were going to keep Elly up because I thought she would be woke up by all the noise, but it was just too late for her, so she went to bed around 11:00. Before taking her to bed I wanted her to see the fireworks so we went up to the balcony. She did see some, but seemed a little scared by it so we didn't stay up there long. I put her to bed and shut down all the windows and rolladens in the house to try and keep the noise out. It was really loud later on, but Elly slept through it. She has been doing so great at night. Most nights she sleeps through the entire night, which is such a relief to me. There was a time when I didn't think she would ever sleep more than 4 hours at a time. Anyhow, here are a few pictures from New Year's Eve.

No comments:
Post a Comment