So...big milestone...Ellyanna rolled over! She went from her tummy to her back last Thursday, October 1st around 1:00pm. She was having tummy time on the living room floor and I turned away for just a moment. When I looked at her again she was on her back. She was so fast that I missed it!!
So, I put her on her belly again and was able to see her do it that time. So cute!! My baby's growing up! Now, every time I put her on her belly she gets this little knowing smile and starts trying to turn over. Of course, she knows it gets applause and cheers from us each time, so that makes it fun.
It's so fun to watch her grow and start noticing things around her. Yesterday, for the first time she noticed what she was wearing. I was getting her ready for bed and put a new sleeper on her. It had bright red in it and she couldn't take her eyes off of it. She kept grabbing at the legs trying to get it. It was cute to see her finally notice some thing like that.
She's recently discovered her scream, which has me wanting to wear ear plugs all day. At first, I thought it was so cute when she would try to squeal. Of course, after hearing her scream for hours on end I'm not quite as smitten. I'm not alone in that....Gabby really doesn't like it either. At the top of her lungs she will let out this high pitched scream and just hold it for awhile. She looks so pleased with herself. Since I had a headache yesterday I didn't think it was quite as wonderful as she did. Ever since we returned from Alaska she's been noticing Gabby and yesterday, for the first time, she really laughed at her. Elly was working on her screaming technique while Gabby was sitting in front of her and one of the screams was extra loud and piercing so Gabby took off running. Elly looked shocked at first to see the cat move that fast then she let out a belly laugh. I can see where this is going. She'll start to realize she can make the cat run by screaming and it'll just escalate from there I'm sure.
Such a happy girl!
I think another way she'll be terrorizing Gabby is chasing her in the walker. Granted, she can't move too fast in it yet, but she's getting there. Before we left for Alaska she couldn't even touch the floor with her feet in the jumperoo or walker and since we've been back she's really been having fun in both. Whenever she's in the jumperoo she jumps constantly. I don't think she knows how to be in it without jumping and sometimes after awhile will start fussing - I think because she's tired of jumping, but doesn't know how to stop. Also, in her walker she's moving around some. Very slowly, but she's creeping through the house in it. Sam installed gates on the stairs while we were gone in anticipation of this. Until now, we haven't had a need to put them to use, but I see that coming.
Something she started while we were in Alaska is covering her head when she goes to sleep. She's so silly and loves to cover her head. She'll work to get a blanket over her face then she does this funny little breathing thing. Anyhow, lots of times I'll find her sleeping with something over her head. I'm careful to move it once she's asleep. I also have to be careful not to have any big blankets in bed with her. It could be dangerous. This is how I find her -
She's moving alot more these days. Here she is just this afternoon in her crib. She had been talking to herself for awhile and when she finally went to sleep I checked on her. This is how I found her. Silly girl!
I'm so happy that Ellyanna is finally warming up to Sam more. When she was very little he couldn't sooth her because mostly she just wanted to eat and she got her comfort from me. Then we left for the month in Alaska. When we got back from there she cried each time Sam tried to hold her. It made me sad and I'm sure he felt the same, but we knew it would take her a little while to get used to him again. Well, for the last few days she's been OK with him holding her and has even been playing with him some. She loves it when you give her Eskimo kisses (rubbing your nose on hers) and laughs when Sam does that to her.
It's so fun watching Ellyanna's personality emerge. We started out with this empty slate of a person and slowly we're seeing who she is come out. I really think she's her daddy made over. She definitely looks like him (down to her toes) and I think she's going to have his personality as well. I think everyone that knows me would agree that I'm an introvert. I don't like to be around people. It's exhausting for me to have to interact. Sam is just the opposite. He gets energy from being with people and already I'm seeing that in Elly. All the way home from Alaska she was cheesing with everyone around us on the plane. She crashed once we got here, but all the way was just as happy as can be. Also, when we go to the New Parent Support groups she loves to interact with everyone. She talks and babbles the entire time we're there. It's just interesting to see her personality come out.
She is such a joy to me. Yes, there's lots of work with a baby. It's constant, but the rewards of having her far outweigh the work. She's so funny and I'm always laughing at all her little antics. We're definitely blessed with a great baby. She's happy 95% of the time. The only time she fusses is when she's hungry, dirty or sleepy. I love listening to her talk to herself when she wakes up. She rarely wakes up crying. Usually, she wakes up and just keeps herself company. What a sweetie!

No comments:
Post a Comment