Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Big milestone for our girl

Big News!!!!

Elly's sitting up!!!


She's been working at it for quite awhile now, but this last Thursday (22 Oct) was the first time she really sat by herself for several minutes. In the picture above, she had just woken up from her nap and was in a good mood anyhow. I was putting things away in her room, so I sat her up with some toys and she stayed there for a long time just playing. I'm so proud of her and love seeing her grow up, but there's a part of me that's sad to see my baby get bigger.

She is such a sweetheart and has such a great temperament. She's happy most of the time, not really fussy and is so full of laughs anymore. I am totally in love with her.

I realize I've been a slacker lately when it comes to blogging. Elly and I have been back in Germany for one month now, but the time has flown by. Ellyanna's had a hard time adjusting back to Germany time. And of course, she's getting back on schedule just in time for us to head out to the states again. Poor little thing (not to mention....Mommy) will have to go through this all over again.

Sam has a TDY in Kansas and we thought it would be a nice idea for Elly and I to go with him. From there we will go on over to Pennsylvania to see his parents. I've been a little nervous about the 2 weeks he's in class. We'll be staying in lodging on post and it could get a little tiresome having Elly to entertain without her normal things around for entertainment- jumperoo, walker, crib, all her toys, etc.

Other than the actual trip itself, the hardest thing about travelling back to the states is leaving Gabby behind. It's so hard on her. I know some people would say she's just an animal and doesn't know the difference, but I know she does. It stresses her when we're gone. Thankfully, we have someone who has watched her before and will be staying here while we're gone. I know she's taken care of while we're gone, but it's still hard to leave her behind.

Early on with Ellyanna I planned to only breast feed her for the first six months then start her on solids, but I'm contemplating starting her a few weeks early. Everything I've ready suggests waiting until she's six months old to reduce the risk of developing allergies, so that's what I was planning on, but lately she just won't sleep more than 2 hours at a time during the night. It's like we're back to a newborn schedule and I'm tired! I've been wondering if she needs something a little more substantial to keep her through the night. On top of that she has been SO interested in what we eat lately. She keeps a close eye on everything that goes into my mouth. Last night I was eating spaghetti and she was actually screaming like she was trying to get my attention to give her some. She gets so excited when she sees our food. Silly girl! Anyhow, so today I did buy some rice cereal, but I haven't totally decided to go with it or not. On the one hand I think she's more than ready to start having solids, but it seems like saying goodbye to a part of my little baby and that's kind of sad to me. I've loved nursing her. It's such a sweet time and so rewarding. Another downside is her poo will start smelling even worse. OK...I know that's a little shallow, but really....who wants to hurry that along???

Another thing, we skipped right over most of Ellyanna's six month clothes. I made the error of thinking she needed to be 3-6 months old before they would fit. Well, I think I should have started her in them much earlier, because when I started putting them on her at 4 months they were on the small side which made her look rather uncomfortable. Not wanting to make the same mistake with her 9 month clothes, I started putting them on her at around 4 months. We're still having issues with jeans though. Currently, she has no jeans that fit her chubby little legs. Bless her heart....she is her daddy made over, but the one thing she does get from me is my thick legs. I feel I should apologize to her :(

Well, I should probably get myself to bed. Sam is up watching the Penn State game tonight and tomorrow he's having a few friends over to watch the Steelers, so I took advantage of the time Elly's sleeping to get caught up on a few things. Tonight we fall back one hour too, so I didn't mind staying up a little later. So, with that I better get closed up and to bed so I can get two hours before our sweet girl wakes me. Here are a few pictures we took recently. Enjoy...

She wore herself out jumping one day and fell asleep right in the jumperoo.

I really love this little outfit Kristy gave Ellyanna.

Silly Daddy with his little girl

Sam and Ellyanna

She's recently discovered that she can reach her diaper bag from her walker and get the toys out of it.

It took a lot of practice to learn to sit up

Ready to go meet Daddy for lunch

Imagine "aaaaahhhhhhhhh" coming out of her mouth

I love seeing her sit up. She's still so little!

Mama and Ellyanna earlier today.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

So love the pictures Misty! It is some times so hard to decide what to do. I did what the dr. told me to do on first baby but then went on my own with the other two. I think you have to play it by ear I guess they say. So just enjoy her as she is growing up so fast. Pretty soon she will be in school then who knows what she will be doing. May the Lord bless you in His care. Thanks for sharing! (: