Finally, last Friday we got all the boxes mailed out. I know we cut it close. I'm just hoping everyone gets them in time for Christmas. Next year, I'll be shopping throughout the year, so we don't get down to the wire again. That's just too stressful and it takes away from the peacefulness that usually surrounds this time of year. Not that it's always peaceful, but that's what we aim for and achieve most of the time. Of course, there are more demands on our time during this season because of the different parties or events that we attend.Last Thursday, the Air Force Band was having a concert out at Patch High School. Back in Alaska we went to Army Band Christmas concerts almost every year and I love the music. So, that evening I met Sam after work and we went first to the kids concert because alot of them are in his program and wanted Mr. Sam to be there. Then we went to the Air Force Band. They were very good, as expected.
Saturday, my poor husband had to work all day. It was parent's day out and his turn to cover. Because of his work schedule, he really hasn't had much time to do any shopping. The PX is just opening when he goes to work and he gets off around 6:20 every night. Anyhow, when he was finished at work on Saturday he did some shopping. I should say - he TRIED to do some shopping. He couldn't find anything that he planned on buying, so he was a little frustrated about that. I really do feel his pain. I still have a couple things coming in the mail for him that I hope to get by Christmas.
Our church had their Christmas program on Sunday. It was very nice. I always enjoy the kids portion of the Christmas program. Brings back so many memories of when I was young. Doing plays, quoting Scripture, singing the songs....such warm memories. Makes me miss home too. There is nowhere I would rather be than in Alaska for Christmas. I miss being at my parents church, the Christmas programs and caroling that evening. I love going caroling and it's something I don't see other churches do much. At least the churches I've been too since leaving home don't carol. Maybe others do.
Monday evening was the MWR Christmas party at the Panzer Bowling Center. I wasn't too thrilled about going because I really don't know the people, but I was glad we did. Sam bowled a couple of games and they had a nice dinner served. In the end, I'm always glad when I go to a party. I could do without them, but Sam really loves to be with people.
My friend from Hawaii just moved here with her family. They got in last week and are about 1 1/2 hours from us. I haven't talked to her yet. I just got her phone number yesterday, so I'll be giving her a call. It's nice to have someone I know over here even though they're not too close.
Well, that's about it for now. The President gave Federal workers Christmas Eve off, so my husband will have a long weekend. Not sure who we're having for dinner on Christmas. It may just be us, but we'll enjoy our day either way.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:
Hey Misty, glad you are having a good Christmas Season so far. I remember we used to go Caroling some when I was yound too, and I think you are right, there is not a lot of that anymore. Well, I hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Misty it is always so good to view your blog. I so enjoy your stories and pictures, I love pictures on peoples blogs. They draw my attention. Any way we will be doing some ajusting to a new location ourselves next month.Moving to Florida, which I thought we would never do. God always has surprises for us. We do know a few people. That is a good thing, like you said it is hard being away from home. Just wanted to let you know that we think about you often. Thanks again for sharing and you too, have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Misty thank you so much for your reply. It is so good to hear from you.
Actually Becky is going to Florida with us. She is going live with
Ruth and the boys. She was going to move down before we decided. We got to
thinking about it and thought we would have to move out of the place
we are in, so might as well.
I pray again that you and Sam have a very Blessed Christmas.
Love & Prayers, Eileen
Post a Comment