Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lunch in Killesberg Park

We had a pretty lazy weekend despite how hard it is on Sam to go through a day and not finish at least one thing on his checklist. I've always told him that he doesn't know how to relax and do nothing. He just likes to get things done around the house and not have anything hang over him. I actually really appreciate that in him. He's so great about getting projects finished.

Saturday morning Sam had to be at the airport by 5:30 to see the Camp Adventure staff off. Good thing he was there because one of the staff missed their flight and the person issuing a new ticket did not speak English. I'm so thankful that Sam knows the language. I want to learn for myself, but I don't know that I'll ever be fluent and it's nice that he is. Yesterday we were driving and he was doing a German lesson with me. We went all through the days of the week, months of the year, 1-10, how to say my birth date and "I don't speak German". A few words at a time is better than nothing. I know a few phrases and words, but need to keep adding to my repertoire.

I had every intention of continuing to sleep after he left Saturday morning, but ever since our house was burglarized in Hawaii, I've not been comfortable alone in the house. Sam left lights on for me, but I couldn't sleep. Later on in the day we went to OBI. I found some plants that I've been wanting to get for the top of the entertainment center. All of the plants I had were too tall. Things are slowly coming together in the house. It just takes time to find what works. I'm still looking for curtains. The windows in this house have tracks built into the ceiling instead of curtain rods and I'm having a hard time finding curtains that work.

Yesterday we were going to try out a new church, but the address that the pastor wrote down for us was wrong, so we just went to the Patch chapel. We'll try again next Sunday. After church, we drove to Killesberg Park and ate lunch on the ground. Killesberg is a beautiful park with lots of flowers, animals, summer theater and a children's area. Right now, they're having a contest for the favorite Dahlia and there were some gorgeous varieties. I'll post some of the pictures below.





I don't exactly know what the structure behind Sam is called, but we walked to the top of it. There was a nice view of Stuttgart from there. My legs and calves are actually sore today from climbing those stairs. Here we are at the bottom after coming back down.




We finally bought a rug for the living room. I've been wanting to get one, but wasn't sure if I wanted something plain or decorative. We decided on this one. I really like it. Over here you see a lot of these Turkish rugs in a red print, but I really liked this chocolate brown color. Today I've been working on moving the furniture around to make it fit. I love seeing areas of the house come together. It takes me awhile to get it the way I like, but it'll get there eventually. I'd like for most of it to be together before I leave for Alaska. We'll see how close I get.

I think that's about it from our weekend. I'll leave you with a few more pictures from Killesberg Park. Most of them are of the Dahlias. I can't resist taking pictures of beautiful flowers.

A goose by one of the ponds.

How beautiful is this?





3 comments:

Eileen said...

Hey Misty, great pictures. Are you going to your Mom & Dads? Or did I miss understand. You said something about before you leave for Alaska. Anyway I enjoy your pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Eileen

Misty said...

Yes, I'm going "home" in a few weeks then Sam will come later. We can get a pretty good flight to Alaska from May to October which goes directly over Canada. Any other time we have to go to the east coast then on to Alaska, which takes about twice as long. I'm always excited to go home. Mom and I talk on the phone alot, but it's not the same as being there. I'm glad you enjoy the pictures.

Eileen said...

Misty, I am glad you get to go home. Tell you Mom & Dad hi for me. I sure do miss them so much. Even though it has been many years ago that we use to chum together, I wish so many times that we could spend time with them again. By the way my blogger is www.gramgram-eileen.blogspot.com if you ever want to stop by. Have a wonderful and blessed day. Love & Prayers, Eileen