The morning she started preschool was terrible. She DID NOT want to go to school. It got to the point where she was laying on the couch screaming and crying "I AM NOT going to school!". It went on for a little while and finally Sam got firm with her and said "You can either have me carry you screaming to the car or you can be a big girl and walk out on your own, but you ARE going to school". She was just so nervous and it was hard on me to see her scared, but I knew it was for her good and that she would enjoy it once she got over the fear of going.
These pictures were taken after her screaming and crying. She looks a little nervous. :(
We got to her school and she was feeling a little better.
Signing in at school. All the kids sign themselves in to learn how to write their names.
When I went to pick her up from school, she was just fine. As I was buckling her into her car seat she said "Well Mama, you were right. I had fun." ☺
Her preschool is 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. I would have put her into it 3 days a week if that had been offered, but she loves going so it has worked out well. I would have just kept her at home with me forever, but I know next year she has to start Kindergarten and I thought it would have been cruel to keep her home until she suddenly had to start going to school all day long. I wanted something to transition her into school and this has worked out really well. We're very happy with the program and she has so much fun. It's a win for all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment