Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter is always a fun time. Last year Elly and I were in Alaska which was so nice.  I loved spending Easter and Elly's birthday with my family.  This year we were back in Germany and had fun with the activities available here.  Child & Youth Services always has an Easter Egg Hunt the Saturday before Easter.  You never know what the weather is going to be like and this year is was very cold.  I met up with my friend Kim and her little girl Sydney and was thankful she had an extra jacket for Elly because the wind was blowing and it was very cold as we waited for the Egg Hunt to begin. 
Elly and Sydney were comparing baskets


Elly kind of got into gathering eggs.  She still wasn't that interested in it, but after some encouragement she got several in her basket.

She wasn't sure what to think of the Easter bunny at first, but when she realized Sydney liked him and wanted to be near him she warmed up to the idea. It looks like she's still trying to pull away in this picture though :)
Kim, Sydney and us with the Easter bunny

Family picture with the Easter bunny

Saturday evening we colored eggs at home.  This was the first time we did it as a family.  The first year Elly wasn't into it and then last year her and I were in Alaska.  We had fun and Elly enjoyed it.






Easter morning I had Elly's baskets set up on the table.  Mom sent her a basket too so it looks like Easter basket overkill, but it didn't all come from us :) 


Chocolate!!

Ready for church!  I planned on getting her a new dress for Easter this year, but realized the dress she wore last year still fit her.  She had worn it only once (last Easter) and so I couldn't really justify buying a brand new dress when she had a perfectly good (and beautiful) little dress just hanging in her closet.  And she certainly didn't mind!

After church Elly was going through everything in her basket.  Checking it all out :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So very fun and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your lives. Looking forward to seeing you soon!