12 January 2012
Last night was Elly's first night in a big girl bed...and part of me is really sad that my baby is growing up so fast :(
I'm not sure how we came around to doing it NOW because it wasn't too long ago Sam and I were talking and agreed that the crib was the best thing ever and she was going to be in it until she was 10 :) Or at least until she outgrew it. It just kind of ....happened. Elly's recently seen a couple of her little friend's beds so she's been talking about them. Yesterday we were in her room and I asked her if she would want a big girl bed. She seemed excited about it and said that yes, she did want a big girl bed.
So...that evening, when Sam got home, we got to work changing her crib into a toddler bed. She was so tickled about getting a big girl bed. I was not as excited about it because she tosses around in her bed alot at night and I could just see her falling out of bed through the night. She made it through the night just fine even though I was up quite a bit checking her on the monitor. She did great about not getting out of bed too. It's so strange to see her getting so big.
Here are a few pictures from last night ~
UPDATE: It's now the 12th of February, so it's been one month since she switched to a toddler bed and she's done fantastic with it. Although, for about a week after we changed her bed she kept asking for her crib back. I was kind of conflicted about what to do. In a way, I wanted her back in her crib too because I was up a lot more through the night checking on her, but I also knew that she had to grow up at some point and thought it was better to not go backwards. It didn't take her too long to adjust to her new bed and stop asking for the crib.
She has fallen out of bed once. I heard a thump through the night and saw on the monitor that she had fallen out. I went to check on her, but she wasn't crying so I rocked her a couple of minutes and she went back to sleep.
She's great about not getting out of bed on her own. The only time she will get out of bed without us in there is if I've opened her door. I usually close her door during naps and in the morning when we wake up and she's still sleeping. It's so cute to see her gather her blankie and teddy bear and come running to find me.
Once again, I'm amazed at how things work out so well. So often, (in raising Elly) I've worried about how something was going to work out and then once we're past that event it seems like there was no need to worry. Or perhaps it's because I am worried and bring it to the Lord in prayer that things work out just fine. I really shouldn't worry about things as much as I do, but I think God loves to have us bring our concerns to Him. So...we've said goodbye to another baby stage and now we have a little girl in her big girl bed. Somedays I just can't believe how big Elly is getting. She is such a little girl anymore with lots of opinions of her own and lots of original thoughts that she loves to share with me. I never thought a person could talk as much as she does. She chatters from morning till night. She's so cute though and such a joy to have around. I'm so thankful that she's mine :)

2 comments:
Her bed looks so comfy/cozy! I don't think it will be a long time until she might need a bigger bed! I am thankful that you, too, have found for yourself that the best way to raise a child is to bring all your cares to the Lord. "Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your path" Love you all. Mom
What a beautiful, cozy bed for a sweet little girl who is growing up very fast! We would love to see you all!
Post a Comment