Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I don't have anything especially exciting to write about, but in trying to update this blog a bit more regularly I figured I better get the first half of February done. I take so many pictures of Elly that it gets a bit ridiculous, but with having no family here I feel the need to share her in the only way I can...and that is in pictures. If I had many people reading this blog I might have to worry that they would be getting bored with so many pictures of Elly, but since this blog was started to keep family and friends updated I guess that it's ok. Anyhow, here is the first half of February in pictures~

We recently bought this little table and chairs for Elly at Ikea. I was feeling bad because she never had anywhere to sit that fit her. She really likes her table and wants to eat all her meals there, but I still insist on the highchair for most things. This night, in particular, she really wanted her avocado at the table so I allowed it.

Notice the big blue water bottle....it's Sam's, but Elly loves it and would rather drink from it than anything. I think the real reason is because it's Daddy's :)

Elly was all set up here reading to her baby. So cute!!

I know this is a rather unappetizing picture, but she was working so hard at eating her oatmeal and thought maybe Mama wanted a bite too. This is one of those things that she asks to eat at her table. As you can see....she's in her high chair.

I'm really not sure how she gets it all over her face.

"Ok, Mom, enough pictures. Get me cleaned up now."

Playing at her table

Elly was so cute this particular Saturday morning. I really needed to clean the house so Sam took Elly with him on his errands. It's amazing to me how much I can get done in just a couple of hours without a little mess monster following me around. It's unbelievable how much I miss her though! I'm never away from her so a couple of hours without her and I'm needing my "Elly fix". When they got home Sam had some things to do outside and Elly wanted to be with him. She loves helping in whatever way she can.

Helping Daddy clean up the walkway

Such a big girl!!


I love this picture! Elly is so ornry and Gabby just tolerates her. Gabby does so well with her considering she doesn't like people very much. Elly loves it when she gets to hug Gabby.

She loves pockets these days.

Elly working hard at washing the windows. Poor little overworked child :)


Daddy and Elly did a great job.

Sam's birthday cake.

Sam's birthday was on a Tuesday this year and it was an extremely busy work week for him, so at his request we waited until Saturday to celebrate. We had a few of his friends over and had a nice evening.

YUM!! Sam likes ice cream cakes so that's what I tried this year. I was shocked at how tall the cake ended up being. It was good though :)

Valentine's Day we met with some of our MOPS friends. Here are all the babies.

I got some beautiful roses from Sam and Elly even got a gift from Daddy.

Opening her Valentine's gift from Oma and Opa.

Seeing what Daddy got her.

Her very first jewelry box with a dancing ballerina. She really liked it.



A quiet house and a 21 month old do not go together. When I don't hear Elly I go looking to see what she's doing because usually it's something she's not supposed to be doing. This particular day she found the diaper cream and had it smeared all over her face.

She had it all through her hair. I popped her in the bathtub and after washing her hair a couple of times I got it all out.


Well, that's about it for now. I'm going to try and keep this updated more regularly. We'll see how it goes. Until next time~

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So very cute ~~ I always LOVE to see a new post! I had heard about the diaper cream but hadn't seen the pictures. :) Thank you so very much for sharing your life with us. Our love to all of you!