That first Saturday we decided to check out Strasbourg, France. It's right on the Germany/France border and not far from us. Sam and I had driven through the town in the past, but honestly didn't think much of it. Since then it seemed like everyone we talk too said how much they loved Strasbourg. Sam and I started thinking that maybe we had missed something. As it turns out....we did. It's really a beautiful little town, but you miss it if you don't go into the old town center, which is on an island. We had a really nice day exploring the town. Here are a few pictures from our day in Strasbourg.
Elly spilled water on her skirt so she was bottomless while it dried
An old building (can't remember what it is though)
Elly sitting on one of the chairs inside the cathedral
Chasing a pigeon in the courtyard outside the cathedral
The Strasbourg cathedral
Strasbourg cathedral
I wanted to have a portrait drawing of Elly. It was tough keeping her still for the 20-30 minutes, but I think it was worth it.
The artist working on the portrait
The artist putting the finishing touches on the portrait

1 comment:
Beautiful!! I always love to see your updates! Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment