Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Antique photos

Last month I had some photos taken of Elly. There was a company advertising for "Antique Photos" in the PX mall. I would pay a small amount and get one 10x13. I figured I would go and get just the one. Unfortunately, Elly ended up not liking the photographer and cried throughout the session, so I didn't think any of them would be great.

Wednesday I had an appointment to go look at the pictures. I went knowing I was only going to get the one photo since every sheet after that was $40 or the lowest package started at $100. I knew it was their ploy to get people to buy more pictures and I was convinced I could keep from caving in.

After seeing the pictures though I just hated to walk away from them...but I did with just my one 10x13. It was a very busy afternoon and evening and when I finally got home that evening I couldn't find that picture anywhere. I figured I must have left it in the cart somehow.

I gave the PX a call on Thursday to see if anyone had turned in my picture, but they didn't have it, so I went back to the photo table (this was their last day) and asked if anyone had turned in a photo. Sure enough someone had, but the picture was pretty messed up. It looked like it had been run over and there were scratches on Elly's face.

Given the circumstances I asked to look at the photos again and decided to go with the cheapest package. It was a difficult decision, but I figured out what photos I would buy and once the transaction was finished the sales person said she would sent off for a replacement 10x13. Of course, she didn't tell me she could get me a replacement until AFTER I bought the package. Oh well....I'm really glad I have the pictures, but would have rather not spent so much.

These pictures are not the greatest quality because I took pictures of the photos, but at least you can see what they look like. I really like them and have been happy that I got them all even if it did cost more than I planned. Sam really liked them too, which made me feel a little better about spending so much. Anyhow, here they are ~








1 comment:

becky said...

Oh I love the pictures!!