Well, we can check another city off our "must see" list, since we just spent a long weekend in Vienna, Austria. We did what's called a "blind booking" with German Wings. You select a group of cities, but don't know where you're going until it's paid for. The price is great though so that makes up for any inconvienence of not knowing where you're going up front.
We arrived there last Thursday after a bit of a delay at the airport due to the weather. It was really snowing in Stuttgart when we left. It's always difficult to know which hotel to reserve when you've never been to a city, so it was a stroke of luck that our hotel was in a great location. It was just off the main street and the U-Bahn was a short 3 minute walk away. We so enjoyed our time there, but it was a bit cold for Ellyanna. Saturday was especially cold and windy. We would go out for a few hours then head back to the room to warm up.
Ellyanna is such a great little traveller! She never fussed or complained, even when stuck in the stroller for a few hours at a time. The most she complained about was wearing a hat, but even that wasn't too much of a hassle. I dressed her in lots of layers and had her bundled up in the stroller, but she still got so cold. We would get back to the room and her little fingers and toes were like little icicles. If we go back to Vienna some day it will difinitely be in a warmer season.
There is so much to see in Vienna and we did alot of walking, but still didn't get to it all. I remember seeing the Lipizzaner horses in Fairbanks years ago, but didn't realize they were from Vienna. We went to the stables and could have sat in on a practice session, but Elly was so cold and it would have been a couple of hours wait, so we decided against it. We did get to see St. Stephen's Cathdral and the catacombs underneath. We also toured the Vienna State Opera House, which was beautiful. Next time we're in Vienna I want to take in an opera. Well, I could ramble on, but I think I'll just post some pictures of our weekend in Vienna.
We arrived there last Thursday after a bit of a delay at the airport due to the weather. It was really snowing in Stuttgart when we left. It's always difficult to know which hotel to reserve when you've never been to a city, so it was a stroke of luck that our hotel was in a great location. It was just off the main street and the U-Bahn was a short 3 minute walk away. We so enjoyed our time there, but it was a bit cold for Ellyanna. Saturday was especially cold and windy. We would go out for a few hours then head back to the room to warm up.
Ellyanna is such a great little traveller! She never fussed or complained, even when stuck in the stroller for a few hours at a time. The most she complained about was wearing a hat, but even that wasn't too much of a hassle. I dressed her in lots of layers and had her bundled up in the stroller, but she still got so cold. We would get back to the room and her little fingers and toes were like little icicles. If we go back to Vienna some day it will difinitely be in a warmer season.
There is so much to see in Vienna and we did alot of walking, but still didn't get to it all. I remember seeing the Lipizzaner horses in Fairbanks years ago, but didn't realize they were from Vienna. We went to the stables and could have sat in on a practice session, but Elly was so cold and it would have been a couple of hours wait, so we decided against it. We did get to see St. Stephen's Cathdral and the catacombs underneath. We also toured the Vienna State Opera House, which was beautiful. Next time we're in Vienna I want to take in an opera. Well, I could ramble on, but I think I'll just post some pictures of our weekend in Vienna.
**No pictures were allowed**

No comments:
Post a Comment