Ellyanna just seems to be doing new things every day. A couple of Sunday's ago (13 Dec) she started playing Peek-a-boo with us. She was sitting on our bed while Sam and I finished getting dressed. She was dressed and ready to go meet Santa in her festive little red dress. Sam threw a shirt over her head and she worked hard to get it off. When she finally slid it off we said "Peek-a-boo", as we've done countless times before. Somehow this day it registered though. You could see the wheels in her head spinning as she lifted it back up over her head. We said "Where's Elly?" and she slid it off her head as we said "Peek-a-boo" again. A huge smile spread across her face.
The other morning (when Elly decided to get up at 5:00am) I was talking to Mom on the phone and looked over at Elly sitting on the living room floor. She was non-chalantly sitting there holding one of her cloth diapers over her face. I knew what she was doing. She likes the reaction she gets from playing peek-a-boo. It really is adorable.
I keep trying to get a good picture of her two little teeth. She has such a big gummy grin, but occasionally I see those two little bits of white. So cute!
We were working on feeding her solids, but she just has no interest in it. It had gotten to the point where she would just close her mouth tight and fight the spoon, so I quit trying. She's getting all she really needs from me and she'll learn to like food at some point.
She is just so precious and I love her so much! She is an absolute doll all day long, but she still refuses to sleep anywhere but in our bed and even at that some nights she just tosses all night long. I think she must have gotten scared at some point, because she used to have no problem taking a nap in her crib, but now wakes up crying anytime I try to lay her down now. I've decided to just keep her in our bed for as long as it takes for her to get comfortable again. Thankfully, just last night she finally slept well all night. No tossing and turning all night. I'm thankful for small steps right now :)
I don't know why I find it so difficult to get updates posted on this blog. I've been working on this one for a couple of weeks now. I have so much to do and should be using Elly's nap time more wisely, but thought I would try to get this finished and posted.
I have a lot to do before Christmas day, which is just two days away. That's unbelievable! I love this season and always wish I could extend it somehow to enjoy it even longer. We're having a few friends over for dinner on Christmas. Not a big deal, but I do need to get the house cleaned a bit and then I have some baking to do. I figure I'll get what I can done tomorrow and try to keep what I have to do Friday to a minimum.
Something I need to remember for next year....don't put the Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. At least not if it's a real tree. I haven't given into getting an artificial tree as of yet, so I need to remember to put the tree up later next year. I have to say our tree is looking pretty sad at this point. It's rather droopy. I've even kept it watered, but it doesn't seem to have helped any. Anyhow, I think I'll take it down between Christmas and New Year's because it's just not looking so pretty these days.
It's really hard being away from family during this season, but I'm so thankful for the ways we have to keep in touch. I love the webcam and often will just be sitting on my couch visiting with Mom. She's able to see Elly alot that way too.
Today we had our New Parent Support group. We all got pictures around the Christmas tree. Needless to say, that was interesting. How do you get 12-14 babies all looking at the camera at the same time? Yeah, I don't know either, but we tried. Of course, I didn't take my camera, so I'm hoping to get some pictures sent to me.
Well, I better quit rambling and get some pictures posted, so I can get this finished today. I take a ridiculous number of pictures of Ellyanna, but how can I not? She's just so cute and I love that little girl so much. I see how quickly she's growing up and I want to capture every cute little thing she does. Thankfully, for you.....I don't post nearly as many as I take, but here are a few recent pictures from our life.

1 comment:
Great pictures! Bet you have a hard time choosing which ones to put on, with all that you take. They are great though. She is getting so big. I think she looks ALOT like her daddy, how cute! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment