Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Schloss Lichtenstein

A couple of weeks ago when we were driving to Bear Cave we saw this beautiful little castle perched on top of a rocky hill. We saw some signs and figured out that it was Schloss Lichtenstein. After looking it up online and seeing that it was open for visitors we decided to go there when Sam had a Monday off from work.

I was so impressed with this little castle. It isn't very big, but the grounds and buildings are very well maintained and beautiful. We arrived kind of late in the day, but just in time for the last tour. It just so happened that our young tour guide spoke excellent English, so after talking about a room in German he would come over to us and give a brief description in English. I thought that was very nice.


A view of the castle from the road

Walking up from the parking lot

On the bridge entering the castle

A view of the village at the bottom of the hill. I believe it's Honau

Our tour guide took our picture as we were entering the main castle for a tour. I love the Maya Wrap that Sam is wearing. I've found it to be the most comfortable for carrying Ellyanna. She slept the entire time we were there snuggled into Daddy's chest.

One of the stained glass windows in the castle chapel

The ornate ceiling in one of the rooms

Looking over at other buildings from the castle bridge. All of the buildings were very nice.

On the castle bridge - I certainly wouldn't want to fall off of this!

A different view of the castle we toured



Another building on the castle grounds

So beautiful!

I love all that ivy on the building!

The entrance to the castle and grounds

I don't know what this is, but it looked like a doggie door to me.

The mote surrounding the castle



Back in the car getting ready to head home

1 comment:

Eileen said...

The baby sure is getting big. I haven't been on my blog much. I would much rather be blogging then on facebook. So I have decided that I am going to get back to blogging. So hopefully you will be seeing more of me once again. Until then have a blessed day. See the next time on my blog. Love Ya!