It's so hard to believe that our baby girl is already 3 months old! (Yesterday actually) Where has the time gone?? I want time to slow down, so we can have her little longer :( She is getting to be so much fun though. Just yesterday I was telling Sam that I loved that newborn stage because of how tiny and helpless she was. She was just this perfect little bundle that was in such need of protection. As she gets older though we're starting to see her personality come out and it's so much fun.
Saturday night we went over to a friend's house for a cookout. There were others there as well and one of them was a speech therapist who works for DODDS (Department of Defense schools). Ellyanna was really communicating with her with coos and gurgles and this lady commented on how alert she was. She seemed very impressed with her use of language and how she would respond with a coo when talked too. Coming from a speech therapist it made us feel good to hear how well she's doing in the language area. (yes, I'm bragging just a little) For me personally it made me feel good because I always worry that I'm not doing enough with her. I do interact and talk with her alot, but then there are times I have to lay her down to get things done around the house. Anyhow, I was glad to get the positive feedback on her progress.
Along those same lines, yesterday in church was the first day I had to actually take her out of the service because she was "talking" so much. Don't get me wrong...I love it and I think it's the cutest thing, but a church service is not the place to let her gab on and on without trying to quiet her a bit. Something that made me happy too was that someone actually said she looked like me:) That's a first because she is the spittin' image of her Daddy. I still think she looks exactly like Sam, but it made me feel good to hear someone say they see me in her. After all...I did give birth to her :)
Tuesday - 11 August 2009
Ok, so I didn't get this posted yesterday. I'll try to get it finished up today. I stopped by the passport office yesterday to check on Ellyanna's passport. No luck. Time is getting short if we're going to make it to Alaska still this year. I want to take the Condor flight because it goes directly to Fairbanks from Frankfurt. It flies over the north pole instead of across the states. The problem is that Condor only flies to Alaska through September, so if we don't get her passport soon we won't be able to go that way and I just don't think I'm up to travelling with Ellyanna by myself the long way around.
Friday - 14 August 2009
Well, now it's Friday and I still haven't posted. I've gotten terrible at that because I'll be working on it and Ellyanna will wake up and pull me away, then I forget to get back to it. Anyhow, we just got back from the gym. It's been working really well to take her with us. She usually sleeps the entire time we're there. This morning she woke up toward the end, but that was because someone was in the family room talking loudly. Why don't people lower their voices a little bit when they know a baby is sleeping? Thankfully, she wasn't fussy and ended up falling back asleep on the way home. We usually just unbuckle her, but leave her in her seat to sleep until she wakes up around 8 or 9. This morning I had her stuffed bunny in the seat with her and when I checked on her this is what I found -
Somehow she had managed to get that bunny up around her head. She's so cute!
Sam's sister and family are coming on Sunday. They've been in Germany for a little while, but will be with us until Tuesday I think. They will be the first of our family to meet Ellyanna (other than Mom who was here at her birth). Sam's trying to think about what they would enjoy doing here. We will probably go to downtown Stuttgart and then maybe an amusement park on Monday. We'll see.
As far as I know today is Sam's last day as the Patch SAS director. The new director has been here for the last 2 weeks, but has been inprocessing. Sam has been cleaning out his office at SAS this week and will probably be setting up his new office next week. He'll still be involved at SAS for a while as he teaches the ropes to the new director, but hopefully he'll be able to slow down a little now.
A few days ago we received the jumperoo and walker that I ordered for Ellyanna. I've been wanting something that she could play in without having to lay down. She loves to stand up so I thought she would enjoy both of those and she has. The jumperoo has so many things to keep her attention and the walker is great because I can place it wherever I am and I don't feel so bad about doing things around the house because she's right by me where I can talk to her. The other evening we even took it outside so she could be in it while we picked some black raspberries. Speaking of black raspberries...our bush is out of control this year. It's huge and we've picked so many berries. They aren't the sweetest, but I think they'll make great jam.
Enthralled with her new jumperoo
In the kitchen with Mama
Well, that's about all that's going on here. I'm hoping to hear from the passport office today telling me Elly's passport has arrived. I think I might call there just in case they don't get around to calling me today.
So, here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks -
Snuggling Mr. Bunny in her car seat
Tummy time!
First time sitting in her Bumbo seat
She seemed pretty pleased :)
She has lots of hats, so I was trying them on her. This was one of my favorites.
Is that not cute??
Ready for church (So serious)
After church, having tummy time on the floor while Daddy reads beside her
Ready for a trip out on a hot, sunny day
My smiley girl

1 comment:
What a cutie! You have a little friend there. I am sure she makes your days so much sunnier.
Love you all, Mom
Post a Comment