The doctor went over the blood test results with us. She said everything looks good except one of my kidneys may not be working as good as it should be. She wants me to see a kidney specialist next week. I'm not too concerned about it, but of course I'll feel better once we've heard what that doctor has to say.
We like our doctor, but I do wonder about not having my blood pressure or weight checked yet. This was my second appointment and still nothing. Seems a bit strange to me.
Just today it hit me again that we're having a baby. Not another pet, a new toy or a child to babysit for awhile, but a little baby of our own to raise. I wasn't feeling very good, so I laid on the couch while Sam showered. With hearing the water running and the house being so quiet I thought about what it'll be like to have a baby around. I almost had a moment of panic thinking "what are we doing...our lives will never be this quiet again". I do feel scared sometimes thinking how differently our lives are going to be. Everyone says it's a good change, but it just seems so final. I'm sure it's normal to have such thoughts. Even though we know I'm pregnant it's still hard for us to grasp the reality of having a child of our own. What a huge responsibility!
On another note - I think we need to find a new home for Papa Kitty. I've been avoiding it because he's such a nice cat and I'm not one to get rid of pets. Having a pet is a lifetime commitment to me, but the cats just aren't getting along. Gabby grumbles at him constantly and he's so sweet and patient. If they just argued I would not have a problem with keeping him, but it goes beyond that. Bless his heart, he has the patience of a saint, but every so often he's had enough and fights back. When he does, Gabby howls like he's killing her and ends up peeing all over the floor. It's so obnoxious. Thankfully, until now it's only been on the tile and while inconvenient, it was easy to clean up. Well, last night after we went to bed we heard them go at it again. Gabby was really making a scene and I knew I better go check to see if she had made a mess. Sure enough, this time she was on the living room rug. I just cannot deal with this for the next 10-15 years (however long they live). I feel so guilty getting rid of Papa, but I really have no choice. On top of it being a mess I'm always cleaning up, we're having a baby that will be crawling around the floors and I don't want to have to worry about what they might crawl through. I probably should not have had Mom bring him over, but I did. I don't know what I was thinking. Gabby is not a social cat at all. If we only had Papa he would be the perfect little pet. He's so sweet and courteous. I have no idea who we can give him to. I'm picky about who I'd want to have him. Anyhow, it's just something that weighs on me, but I don't really know how to resolve it. Most people would probably not understand why I would get rid of him and keep Gabby, but she's my baby that I raised from a bottle and it's not even an option with me. She's my first priority.
Sam has really been busy in the backyard. I'll try to post pictures before long. He's replacing the fence we had with a taller, more private one. Mainly because of the neighbors being so close in the back. We have tried our best to be good neighbors, but they seem to be the type that will pick at anything, so we want to have as much privacy as possible. Also, Sam removed a couple rows of the patio to make more yard space. He loves working in the yard, but never realizes how big of a project something is until he's in the middle of it and there's no turning back. It looks really good. I'm so proud of my husband. He's constantly working to make the house look better and he does a good job of it.
Well, I think that's about it for now. I'm not doing too good at posting blogs in a timely manner these days. Actually, I can't really blame it on how I've felt lately. I didn't do too good prior to being pregnant either. I still want to do a post about Sam's parents being here, but just haven't had the time to upload all the pictures that requires. Until next time...

1 comment:
The ultrasound pictures came out good. It must be exciting to be able to see your baby.
Post a Comment