Sam worked all night at the lock-in for SAS and didn't get home until 9:00 this morning. Ever since our house got robbed in Hawaii it's been hard for me when Sam's not here through the night. I sleep with lights on and the bear repellent spray next to the bed. Anyhow, I made it through just fine. Sam's someone who really needs his sleep, so he went right to bed when he got in and didn't get up until about 2:00. I think he would have continued sleeping had someone not called needing to talk to him.
I didn't get as much done on the house today as I'd wanted. Last weekend I started painting the living room area. There was only so much of all that white I could take. Surprisingly it went pretty fast, but I had a little bit to finish up this weekend. I got that done this morning. We went with yellow. At times I love it and other times I wonder if it's too much. Regardless, it's definitely an improvement over the white.
This afternoon we went to a couple of furniture stores. We're looking for some pieces that would fit in the living room better than what we have, but I'm really not too crazy about what we find. I like the old style German furniture, but a lot of what's in the stores is very modern looking. It looks more like furniture you would find in a business rather than comfortable furniture for a home. Every time we sat on a chair or couch it was like sitting on a board. Definitely not comfortable. So, the search continues.
The last few months have been so overshadowed with everything that needs done with the house that I'm really looking forward to putting it all aside when Mom and Dad get here. I'm so excited to share our lives with them. I've been trying to decide on what we want to do while they're here. There's so much to see and do here that it's quite a decision to narrow down our options. We don't want to be traveling the whole time, so I'm trying to keep the longer trips down to just 3 or maybe 4. There's still lots we can do within a day's drive of our house.
Mom's bringing her cat to stay with us. He was a stray kitty that she couldn't turn away, but Dad's allergic so it's not the best situation to have a cat in their house. It's going to be very interesting since Gabby attacks every cat she's ever met. At times I wonder what I could possibly be thinking and worry that it's going to be all out war between the two. But he's a big boy and so sweet. Sam calls him Konishiki, after the Sumo wrestler in Hawaii. I'm really hoping for the best. If Gabby would be nice I think she would enjoy having another cat to play with and keep her company when we're not home. We'll see how that goes.
Well, more to be done tomorrow, so I better close for now.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment