Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting ready to move

I don't have any new pictures to post, but thought I'd refresh the page since it's getting a little boring seeing the same blog for more than a week now.

Last Thursday we had the final walk through with the contractor. There were a few things that needed to be finished, so he said we would probably get the keys this coming weekend. I'm very excited for it to be "ours" and be able to start moving in. We've had two families come look at the place we're in to see about renting it. The family that came yesterday said they definitely want it, so we're going to try to be out by the end of January. That would save us a month's rent and we're ready to be done with it anyhow.

During the walk through we found one more thing that's not included in the price of the home - shower walls. Go figure! The two bathrooms that have shower stalls have all the plumbing, shower head and floor in place, but we were told that we have to buy the shower walls. It's really unbelievable that after paying what we did for the house we still have so much to get. The entire kitchen, closets (there is absolutely no storage at all in the house, we have to buy it all), light fixtures and now showers. All I can say is I'm so thankful we sold our house in Hawaii. I just feel bad for people who buy a house here expecting to get it complete, then to find out all they still have to buy.

We're hoping to get the key by tomorrow so we can be in there early Saturday morning. Last weekend we bought quite a few lights, so Sam can start installing them. We're going to get a closet at Ikea and I'll start putting that together, then I'll clean the floors. There's white dust covering them, so they'll need to be mopped several times I'm sure.

Tuesday I had an interview for a job. It's not one that I'm terribly excited about, but my Leave Without Pay will be expiring in a couple of months, so I'd probably take it if offered. Although I'm in no hurry to start because now we're in the middle of this move. I had eight months without a job and now the month we're moving I get an interview. Isn't that the way it goes??

Well, I need to get busy. I have lots of packing to do and several errands to run. So, until next time...

1 comment:

Eileen said...

How the time is going by. HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU AND SAM. We are in the same boat you are moving. Isn't it fun. Well, no so much. Any way we have been pretty busy as I am sure you are too. Just want to let you know we move a week from Friday the 25 of January we won't be on line for awhile so if you don't hear from me that is why. I will get intouch as soon as we get back up. Thanks for sharing. Love Ya, Eileen