There's not been much going on with us lately, but I thought I should try to post at least once a week. We didn't have much of a weekend. Or I should say my poor husband didn't have much of a weekend. He ended up working around the house all day Saturday and we didn't do much besides go to church yesterday. Herr Muller and a friend came over Friday night to discuss painting the shed out back. Sam and I wanted to put it off until the end of summer because ivy has covered a couple of the walls and we knew it would have to be cut off. We thought if we waited perhaps it would have already started to die for the winter. We really like how it looks, but knew it would have to come off. Anyhow, they decided to come back Saturday morning. They arrived at 8:00 in the morning and were busy until about 4:00. I puttered around the house most of the day and rode along when Sam took truckloads full of tree cuttings to the dump. It made me feel bad that he didn't get a full weekend, but they sure got a lot done in the back.
Today, Herr Muller and his friend came back to sand the shed. I think they'll be back again on Friday to paint. It'll look different without all the ivy, but it should look good having a fresh coat of paint.
Finally last Friday I got most of the house together. I still need to hang pictures and decorate, but at least it looks like a home. I still need to clean up the office too. That's where I put everything for now. I'd rather have it all in one room where I can work on putting things away as opposed to having boxes all throughout the house. So, it's slowly coming together. I'll post pictures once it's done.
I've been amazed at the frequency and intensity of thunder storms here in Germany. Back home (Alaska and Hawaii) we would have them occasionally, but here it seems like once or twice a week we have LOUD thunder storms. I really enjoy them though. It feels great to snuggle down in a warm house when it's storming outside. Well, that's about it for now. I'll talk to you all later.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment